What if Cal took steroids?

murrayfan420

How anyone can judge someones character through their public persona is beyond me. Look at ARod. For the first 6 years of his career, he was the poster boy for everything good with baseball. Now, we find out he's really a jerk. These guys craft their images. All the stars do. Cal included. I don't know the man, but I know what era he played in. It's certainly possible he did steroids. How the hell do we know? I doubt he did, but that's based off his career numbers, not some PR crafted image.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now obviously I’m not saying he did or even implying anyone should THINK he did. But all the evidence suggests that from 1990-2005 steroids were a very prominent part of baseball.

How would you view him if it came out he took steroids? I personally think it would be the absolute worst thing to happen to baseball. Cal is one of the most revered players in the history of MLB, if he ever got dirtied I don’t know what would happen.

Before anyone kills me for bringing this up, ask yourself if you would be shocked finding out ANYONE took steroids during that era. At this point, I would believe anything.

What if the earth were square, how would you feel about that.

would you worry about driving near the coast.

Mainly because while it helps get people recover faster from injury, it also makes them more prone to injury. His streak alone suggests he wasn't on steroids. I'm sure he was on stuff like creatine and such.

I would not still play baseball much less pitch if it wasn't for creatine.

I can't live without that stuff during the season.

I would not still play baseball much less pitch if it wasn't for creatine.

I can't live without that stuff during the season.

Anything wrong with it?

I don't mean ethically or anything inherently debatable, I just mean health-wise.

Anything wrong with it?

I don't mean ethically or anything inherently debatable, I just mean health-wise.

I have a high grade form of it and use a lower dosage than what generally is recommended.

I researched it plenty and it's pretty safe unless you're younger. You probably shouldn't think about using it until you get into your mid to late twenties.

Now obviously I’m not saying he did or even implying anyone should THINK he did. But all the evidence suggests that from 1990-2005 steroids were a very prominent part of baseball.

How would you view him if it came out he took steroids? I personally think it would be the absolute worst thing to happen to baseball. Cal is one of the most revered players in the history of MLB, if he ever got dirtied I don’t know what would happen.

Before anyone kills me for bringing this up, ask yourself if you would be shocked finding out ANYONE took steroids during that era. At this point, I would believe anything.

You should be drawn and quartered for posting this thread.:cussing:

I don't get why it would be such a big shock. I have been an Orioles fan my whole life but people in this area and around here hold him to such a high standard like he is Mother Theresa. I don't really think Cal is the god amongst men around baseball that you all make him out to be. And if he did take them, who cares? It was such a big thing during the time, I would be suprised if he didn't. He is human like the rest of us, except he has a cult following.

Up to now, anyone recently retired or close and found to have taken steroids will have a very difficult time making it to Cooperstown. McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, Palmeiro, Clemens -- these guys may not make it.

Now a couple big players with years left in their career -- A-Rod and Manny -- could blur the line between condemnation and acceptance because they still have time left to play more, re-shape their image, and let public perception soften over time.

If Cal were found to have taken steroids, would that completely alter public perception and enable a lot of these users to make it to Cooperstown?

ps - not saying Cal did, and hope we never know.

Archived