What if Cal took steroids?

murrayfan420

Now obviously I’m not saying he did or even implying anyone should THINK he did. But all the evidence suggests that from 1990-2005 steroids were a very prominent part of baseball.

How would you view him if it came out he took steroids? I personally think it would be the absolute worst thing to happen to baseball. Cal is one of the most revered players in the history of MLB, if he ever got dirtied I don’t know what would happen.

Before anyone kills me for bringing this up, ask yourself if you would be shocked finding out ANYONE took steroids during that era. At this point, I would believe anything.

Cal did not take steroids. That is all.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now obviously I’m not saying he did or even implying anyone should THINK he did. But all the evidence suggests that from 1990-2005 steroids were a very prominent part of baseball.

How would you view him if it came out he took steroids? I personally think it would be the absolute worst thing to happen to baseball. Cal is one of the most revered players in the history of MLB, if he ever got dirtied I don’t know what would happen.

Before anyone kills me for bringing this up, ask yourself if you would be shocked finding out ANYONE took steroids during that era. At this point, I would believe anything.

I wont kill you:rolleyestf: but please do not talk about CAL like that!:eektf:

Cal was my childhood hero. If he ever did do it (which I cannot believe he ever did) I would be absolutely crushed. It would forever change the way I viewed him, not only as a very good baseball player, not only as the Ironman, but also as a person and human being as well.

The thought that this is even being brought up makes me sick. (No offense to the original poster of this thread)

I understand...I got sick when I saw this thread:puke:

Well, he was able to play everyday...Takes a lot to be able to bounce back everyday.

Also, as he got older and he started to show his age, that happened in the early part of the steroid era...A player like him is always used to being the best and when you start to decline, then perhaps you do something to help yourself.

That being said, it would be shocking if he did it, if for no other reason than because of his father.

The same could have been said for Bonds. His father playing the game, being around the game all his life, his god father being Willie Mays. For the longest time I did not think the rumors were true about bonds because of his baseball lineage......That being said, I agree with the board that I can't see Cal doing it. I am thankful however that there was no testing while he was playing so we don't have to worry about a smoking gun later down the line.

I've worked with Cal on a bunch of commercials and we actually discussed his feelings on steroids.

He said that he had a feeling that Manny and Ortiz definitely did and mentioned that people on the Mitchel report didn't suprise him.

The thing he said was that people that wear really baggy uniforms or do other things to their personal appearance are usually tell tale signs (i.e. dreads, long hair, lot's of jewelry)

That's absurd. Needless to say, I don't believe Ripken said this.

It's reached the point where we talk about steroids as if they're like heroin or something.

There is nothing wrong with steroids if used properly. I've had a family member who used steroids as per Dr's prescription.

Now, regular dosing with needles to take you beyond your natural potential is one thing. But using them in other ways, as appropriate to injury or other stresses is something else. Personally, I would not be surprised nor offended to learn that Cal (or anybody else) used them in the latter way in the era before roids became a big deal in the media.

That's absurd. Needless to say, I don't believe Ripken said this.

There's really no way for me to prove this. I didn't have a wire on.

I really have no reason to lie in an anonymous forum, regarding a subject that is as ridiculous as the "O's sign A-Rod when the Yankee's void his contract" thread.

Don't believe it? Babypowder...back me up!

There's really no way for me to prove this. I didn't have a wire on.

I really have no reason to lie in an anonymous forum, regarding a subject that is as ridiculous as the "O's sign A-Rod when the Yankee's void his contract" thread.

Don't believe it? Babypowder...back me up!

Thanks for calling me out J. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, I can vouch that this conversation absolutely took place. I personally don't care at all about the steroids subject so if indeed Cal did use them (which I doubt), it would have no effect on me.

Steroids have been and will continue to be a part of baseball. Anyone who thinks the plan they have in place is going to clean up the game completely is kidding themselves. It's not going to be clean until the union allows blood tests...which is never going to happen.

[/b]

The same could have been said for Bonds. His father playing the game, being around the game all his life, his god father being Willie Mays. For the longest time I did not think the rumors were true about bonds because of his baseball lineage......That being said, I agree with the board that I can't see Cal doing it. I am thankful however that there was no testing while he was playing so we don't have to worry about a smoking gun later down the line.

I think Barry Bonds cares about one thing and one thing only, and thats Barry Bonds. I don't think he cares about what his actions did to his father or god-fathers name. Cause if he did, he wouldnt have even thought about doing PED's

This talk of Cal doing steroids is just silliness. Look at Cal's body as he played through his career. Now compare to A-Rod. Now compare to Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, etc... The proof is in the pudding, folks.

People who met Cal talk about lean muscle mass, not bulging biceps. C'mon. Call didn't take juice. If Cal took anything it was cigarettes and amphetamines, the drugs of his day.

You know i jut don't beleive you shoudl come out with this. Some one may misread this and think he did. I for one don't beleive he did. I beleive Cal is jsut about as straight forward as you can get.

It's reached the point where we talk about steroids as if they're like heroin or something.

There is nothing wrong with steroids if used properly. I've had a family member who used steroids as per Dr's prescription.

Now, regular dosing with needles to take you beyond your natural potential is one thing. But using them in other ways, as appropriate to injury or other stresses is something else. Personally, I would not be surprised nor offended to learn that Cal (or anybody else) used them in the latter way in the era before roids became a big deal in the media.

Steroids being used to enhance your natural ability aren't problematic either. This nation has vilified steroids as if they were the anti-christ themselves. We have people blaming steroids for children dying, anger fits, and all that jazz. It's downright ridiculous.

I'd highly advocate people to watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It's a documentary on steroid use and not only looks at one side, but both sides of the steroid issue. Not only that movie, but if you talk to people that are in the field, they'll even tell you that steroids are not problematic if used correctly and researched properly before use. Problem is this nation is sensationalist in nature. We cry about nudity and sex as well. So it's not just reserved to steroid use.

This talk of Cal doing steroids is just silliness. Look at Cal's body as he played through his career. Now compare to A-Rod. Now compare to Bonds, Canseco, McGwire, etc... The proof is in the pudding, folks.

People who met Cal talk about lean muscle mass, not bulging biceps. C'mon. Call didn't take juice. If Cal took anything it was cigarettes and amphetamines, the drugs of his day.

I'm not saying that Cal did or didn't do steroids, because I'd like to believe he didn't. But Palmeiro didn't exactly have the body type for a steroid user as well. Not all steroids are the same, so you can't just look at body types to determine steroid use.

Archived