Brooks' Memorial Day at Camden Yards

LA2

9 hours ago, LA2 said:

Does anyone know what will be presented during the Brooks Memorial Day at Camden Yards tomorrow? Thinking of making my way down to attend, but have found no details aside from when the gates will open. Thanks.

I know it starts at 10...I also know that Oriole players of the past will speak...Doug DeCinces is one I know for sure...Jim Palmer told me he will NOT speak because it's too emotional for him to get through...I will not be attending..I am in LA but the speakers were all selected by the Orioles and Brooks' immediate family will speak too...Connie will NOT speak...

7 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know it starts at 10...I also know that Oriole players of the past will speak...Doug DeCinces is one I know for sure...Jim Palmer told me he will NOT speak because it's too emotional for him to get through...I will not be attending..I am in LA but the speakers were all selected by the Orioles and Brooks' immediate family will speak too...Connie will NOT speak...

Thanks--They should fly you in to speak!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Shucks, too bad you're not going since you have such a history with all these players.  I hope you make it to a playoff game at some point.

Complimentary parking will be available in lots A, B and C, and fans can enter the ballpark through Gate E. The lots will open at 8:30 a.m., and entry to Camden Yards will begin at 9 a.m. The event is not ticketed.

How to watch: Memorial for Brooks Robinson
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/orioles-public-memorial-brooks-robinson-camden-yards/45357061

David spoke and I thought he demonstrated great strength at leading the family off in his father's memorial. Brooks' Granddaughter (by same name) and grandson also had good speeches. 

Cal and Eddie spoke. Doug spoke just like Roy said, and Boog spoke just like GU said. Jim Kaat, and Joe Torre also spoke.

Scott Garceau did a good job hosting.

Hearing Brooks' voice in some of the video memories they played from various moments of his career, makes me miss his voice already.

9 hours ago, foxfield said:

I watched this.  It was incredible. 8 current players were in attendance.  Murray, Ripken, Boog spoke.  Also Jim Kaat, Joe Torre.

DeCinces too. His son ("leading off") and then two grandchildren preceded them. MC was Scott Garceau.

Palmer and Dempsey were in attendance, but did not speak.

The current O's there incl. Wells, Bradish, Grayson R., Frazier, Mountcastle, Hicks, O'Hearn, and one of the coaches. Austin Hays was quoted as saying, "Let's win it all for Brooks!"

*Kyle Gibson was also in attendance with the other players. Interesting that four of the eight players were ones who arrived from other teams this season. Part of they're becoming Baltimore.

Edited by LA2
  • Upvote 2