of course, I CARE. But if we lose ...I'm perfectly happy with the season

Roy Firestone

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's awesome when new members show up and are uber-aggressive on the board. I foresee a lot of quality posts in the near future.

Winning in the playoffs is easy, they should just do it when they get the chance. Why didn't Hyde tell them this before the game?

If they lose it's not because they choked, it's because winning in the playoffs is a very hard thing to do. The fact that you need that explained to you is both baffling and embarrassing.

I'm sure they haven't lost at anything in life.  It is why they totally aren't living vicariously through a baseball team.

2 hours ago, Malike said:

It's awesome when new members show up and are uber-aggressive on the board. I foresee a lot of quality posts in the near future.

Winning in the playoffs is easy, they should just do it when they get the chance. Why didn't Hyde tell them this before the game?

If they lose it's not because they choked, it's because winning in the playoffs is a very hard thing to do. The fact that you need that explained to you is both baffling and embarrassing.

Gunnar Henderson and his manager made an egregious mistake at the worst time. The fact you need that explained to you is both baffling and embarrassing.  

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure they haven't lost at anything in life.  It is why they totally aren't living vicariously through a baseball team.

A guy with more than a 100K posts about a baseball franchise is certainly living vicariously through said baseball franchise. 

• Downvote 1

Ok I think I need to say this. The goal is never to play a loooooooooooooong grueling 162 game only to whimper out and lose in 1st elimination series. The goal is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

We don't play a grueling season from March to October to just say "OK done. Let's all be happy that other teams beat us" and go home. No.

We play to win. We cheer to win. We fight for the right to become World Series Champions.

And no amount of complacency will ever get the ultimate prize of being crowned Champions.

It takes a strong competitive nature. It takes a severe hatred of losing. It takes not being satisfied with just one small achievement.

It takes focus. It takes determination. It takes an eye on the long term primary goal. It takes the eye of the tiger.

Just win baby!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Ok I think I need to say this. The goal is never to play a loooooooooooooong grueling 162 game only to whimper out and lose in 1st elimination series. The goal is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. 

We don't play a grueling season from March to October to just say "OK done. Let's all be happy that other teams beat us" and go home. No.

We play to win. We cheer to win. We fight for the right to become World Series Champions.

And no amount of complacency will ever get the ultimate prize of being crowned Champions.

It takes a strong competitive nature. It takes a severe hatred of losing. It takes not being satisfied with just one small achievement.

It takes focus. It takes determination. It takes an eye on the long term primary goal. It takes the eye of the tiger.

Just win baby!

Yes.  No one remebers the very good teams that won lots of games...I cannot even recall all of the playoff teams from last season.   The lasting highlight videos and banners on stadium walls are reserved champions.   Just the way it is.