2024 Rotation

Spy Fox

On 10/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

Something out super-cheapo owner failed to understand is that by failing to upgrade our roster, it cost him millions of dollars in revenue because it impacted their ability to continue to have more postseason home games. As a result of being cheap, we ended up with cheap ineffective players at the trade deadline. As a result of that, we got swept in the 1st playoff series we even played. As a result of that, no more home games. As a result of that, no more revenue from the season.

It's a total wasted opportunity from a Bussiness standpoint. It takes investment to make money. 

Invest in the best players for areas that the team needs in order to beat the best teams in the playoffs and become World Series Champions. Then the added revenue will more than pay for the investment of the players contract.

You mean invest like the Braves?

Mets?

Padres?

The wonder I'd love to know, and of course never will, is how close did Elias/Angelos get to winning the Verlander bid as the Mets melted?

Strategically and tactically, he fit as a 2023 puzzle piece.     I don't know whether the Angelos Sunday Night Baseball phone call was pure artifice or not.

Before any accolades can I think really be given Elias as a top GM in the game, I need to seem him compete and win for something towards the top of the baseball talent pyramid.

2023 trade deadline, 2024 offseason, 2024 trade deadline - its all the same, due diligence for Elias and his talent basket is knowing the cost of any of the World's Best Pitchers (and Juan Soto) and making some decisions.

I won't sweat Opening Day too much as I believe Decision Sciences wants to know between then and July 31, 2024 which Arms suffer catastrophic injuries taking them out of 2024's tournament, and our SP5 temps are fine until then.

In that window you also get data how truly Grayson and Bradish are in the batch of the World's Best Pitchers.

On 10/14/2023 at 8:14 AM, Jagwar said:

The O's cannot go into next season status quo. Bradish, Means and GRod are a solid trio. Wells is great but will he be able to make it through the entire season in the rotation? Kremer is a great 5th starter IMO, but I'd love to acquire top flight starters to push him into a long man role.   

The O's have the prospects and the payroll room to add pitching. I have no idea what wheels Elias will turn, but my ideal offseason would be adding 2 starters who are at least #2-3 on ANY team, a slam dunk back end reliever, and a proven power bat/run producer. 

A Jagwar can dream. 

Ambitious… no way John Angelos does this. Same as to the talk of signing Blake Snell or Sonny Gray. Way too rich!!
Jordan Montgomery’s market price will also now be out of Os reach. 

Nope, the Os will at best add a Gibson replacement and will maybe sign a vet reliever or just do the dumpster diving bullpen signings or trade and hope they can catch magic again. 

Perhaps someone like Lucas Giolito or trying to fix Luis Severino and maybe relief help like Kimbrel or Jordan Hicks. 

Edited by tntoriole