Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know.

Payroll was between 31-40M lower in 2021.  They drew 1M more in 2023.  How much do the O's net per filled seat? 

I'm sure revenue was higher in 2023, profits...I don't know.

They're getting more than 40$ a head.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Profit?

I'm not confident they are.

I'm confident the O's aren't losing money.  Now or in 2021.  And if they were, there would not have been Gibson and Frazier on that team.

Again, though, the premise breaks down just logically analyzing it.

This guy is worth less to the WS because their owner sucks.

Ok, great.  First, sounds like everybody is going to be worth less.  Second, not my problem.  Third, cry me a river.  We did it with Angelos in a much tougher environment.

Just now, Pickles said:

I'm confident the O's aren't losing money.  Now or in 2021.  And if they were, there would not have been Gibson and Frazier on that team.

Again, though, the premise breaks down just logically analyzing it.

This guy is worth less to the WS because their owner sucks.

Ok, great.  First, sounds like everybody is going to be worth less.  Second, not my problem.  Third, cry me a river.  We did it with Angelos in a much tougher environment.

Were you in favor of bringing up Adley in 2021?  If not, why not?

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And there you have it. 

Ok, then by that standard they don't want major league ready prospects.

Terrific.  I've said it from day one.  Then f off and play with the A ball boys and see how that works out for you.

In my world, where the sky is blue, you don't devalue a prospect because he's major league ready.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Edited by Pickles
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Terrific.  I've said it from day one.  Then f off and play with the A ball boys and see how that works out for you.

In my world, where the sky is blue, you don't devalue a prospect because he's major league ready.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Having Adley's service time align with when we were supposed to be good as much as possible is really silly.  

18 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well Frobby’s point was, why do you want Kjerstad if he’s almost 25 too. It’s a fair point although his ceiling is higher and is less of a risk.

Basallo or Mayo are far better targets for them but yea, they can go F themselves on that one.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Well Frobby’s point was, why do you want Kjerstad if he’s almost 25 too. It’s a fair point although his ceiling is higher and is less of a risk.

Basallo or Mayo are far better targets for them but yea, they can go F themselves on that one.

You saw what they asked the Reds was a bunch of 19,20,21 year old pitching prospects, who admittedly are highly regarded, but they're still just that: Very young pitching prospects.

Then shake the dust off your feet, and go be about that.

But I'm not going to devalue the prospects I hold in my hand because they're 24,25 years old and major league ready, most of them kicking the door down.  Again, quite the opposite.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

You saw what they asked the Reds was a bunch of 19,20,21 year old pitching prospects, who admittedly are highly regarded, but they're still just that: Very young pitching prospects.

Then shake the dust off your feet, and go be about that.

But I'm not going to devalue the prospects I hold in my hand because they're 24,25 years old and major league ready, most of them kicking the door down.  Again, quite the opposite.

Oh I agree there.  I’m not devaluing them just because they are a sh!tty organization.

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I feel like the Os are just not the right match for them..again unless they want to contend soon.  Maybe we still get a deal done but I think other teams may make more sense.

But the only prospects that truly make a lot of sense are Basallo or Mayo and I wouldn’t trade them straight up for Cease. Maybe Elias will trade one of them…I can’t believe he would but who knows. I say no chance.

5 hours ago, Pickles said:

I mean SG seems to be accepting their premise, and saying they won't be "relevant for four years," which is ironic because he spent years screaming, "It doesn't need to take this long!" as Mike Elias turned the team around in.... checks notes.... four years.

I bet the Tigers and Royals would have been happy with a successful 4 year rebuild.

Probably the WS would have been happy with their last rebuild if they had the O's success before everything fell apart.  They made the playoffs one time in a full season before everything fell apart.