Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

@Sports Guy

Apparently Robert has hired Scott Boras. They are speculating that he might be on the way out.

I do think the Orioles and White Sox CF make an interesting barstool debate, and know Rob has been interested in Robert.     The natural prop for buying present Wins in the Adley era might be if it would pay off to give Mullins and EBJ to get Robert?

Robert is in a good spot this winter for Getz to cash out, should he have educated ownership convincingly it is guys at Colson Montgomery's service time status who are at the foundation of the next good roster.     Despite feeling like he has been around forever, Robert is just six months older than Adley.

6 hours ago, 24fps said:

It looks like the payroll including projected arb raises is close to $85 million or around $24 million more than 2023 and I I'll be very surprised if another pitcher isn't added.  Elias, Sig, player development improvements and an increased international presence have vastly improved the outlook for the O's moving forward.

Now all he needs to do is replace his PR firm with one that can convince him to keep his mouth shut in public.

As per my post all that takes money and a commitment to the Elias hire ( to stay out of the way) Hes done that. Just off that he should get more credit than 0. This ORG is in a good a spot as they were in the 70s, I'm not JA, I'm not trying  to troll this board. I'm a lifelong Oriole fan, and Have every confidence that JA will expand pay roll to match increased revenue from attendance (if the success is sustainable) which I Think it is, What other choice is there (I'm not talking Mets Dodgers 300  mil. Rather League Average 150 maybe up to what the Astos were spending 3, 4 years ago. If he does not how Does ME stay , How do I stay, how  do any of us here stay. JA apologist?yes. Somebody has to be the Patsy in House, guess it will be me 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Fair enough but if it's determined that Mayo is a RF it throws a wrench into your theory.   Cowser and Mayo as corner OF options starting this year.  Beavers ready sometime next year.   They If you trade Westburg and determine that Mayo is a RF, you're relying on Ortiz to come through.   Who's next up if he doesn't?   We have more OF prospects after last years draft than IF prospects.   

I agree, I think a lot depends on your expectations for Mayo. If you think he’s a 3B then we’ll likely ultimately trade both Westburg and Ortiz. If not then you put more weight on keeping Westburg over Ortiz. I think Mayo’s most likely position is 3B.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I do think the Orioles and White Sox CF make an interesting barstool debate, and know Rob has been interested in Robert.     The natural prop for buying present Wins in the Adley era might be if it would pay off to give Mullins and EBJ to get Robert?

Robert is in a good spot this winter for Getz to cash out, should he have educated ownership convincingly it is guys at Colson Montgomery's service time status who are at the foundation of the next good roster.     Despite feeling like he has been around forever, Robert is just six months older than Adley.

I’m sure they’d take Bradfield in that deal but you’d have to deal Mullins elsewhere like the Padres.

Orioles get Cease and Robert 

Padres get Hays/Mullins, Mountcastle, Urias, and Baumann

White Sox …. Cowser, Ortiz, Snelling/Lesko, Zavala, Bradfield Jr., Thorpe, Norby. 

Edited by Roll Tide

29 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I sure hope not.   He filled a need last year,  but I don't want him back on the team this year. 

When Mullins got hurt what if Santander Or Hays get traded? Hes league Minimum Probably wont Come here unless theirs playing time

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

Yes Good memory Again contingent on trades Hes worth way more than League Minimum 

That's the thing.

Guys like Hicks are normally available.  Maybe they aren't sitting there on the waiver wire but you can toss a 17 year old Dominican at a team and get one.

It's hit or miss how well they happen to perform but 2024 Hicks isn't a lock.

He's pretty much the definition of fungible.

• Upvote 3