Hall, Wells, SP, RP?

now

Hall, Wells, SP, RP?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see Hall and Wells on the 2024 pitching staff?

• Both starters (not necessarily top 5)
    • Both relievers (in any role)
    • Hall starter, Wells reliever
    • Hall reliever, Wells starter
    • Use both as starters and relievers, as needed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I tend to agree. Mounty potentially represents a player we could use to bring back stuff we need while not giving up more and more MiL pieces. My thought is that we only have so many bullets to fire off. Now, you never know how teams feel about our players but if we are rightfully keeping our top 3 plus any young player on the ML team, we start to run out of ammo. As has been discussed, the Os system starts to thin out a little and once you have dealt Norby, Stowers and Beavers, the options start to dry up fast. So, how else can you do it? Well, with the extra WC and so many more teams involved, I personally believe you will start to see more contender/contender trades. Now, in this case Texas isn’t a contender but they think they will be next year and first base is a potential hole. The Os, who have been playing Mayo at first recently, have first base options and Mounty is a guy who is likely not here next year. So for me, he makes sense to shop if you get the right guys for him. Im Not sure I trade him for guys who can’t help this year or not, it would depend on the trade but if Mounty can be the key (only?) piece in getting Yates/LeClerg/Robertson and Scherzer, I’m all on board for that. I think that makes us a better team.    Now, if we can use MiLers to do that and we have enough left to make other moves, that’s fine too.  
    • Even if Heim were available, don’t you think a team that really needs a catcher is more likely to offer a better deal. 
    • I can’t see them moving anyone from the ML team, except maybe Hays or Urias, in a deadline deal. Maybe move Mountcastle in the off-season. 
    • Frobby in particular is a big Hays fan, so I think he’s very biased.  Hays is hitting better and that’s great but just because he’s hitting better, doesn’t mean you play him more. Part of the reason he’s been successful is lesser playing time imo. Same with Mateo early in the season. He was playing occasionally, which was great for him. Now that he’s everyday, he’s exposed and back to not hitting.  I don’t get the Cowser stuff either.  People talk about the importance of defense but then they want to bench our best defensive player. Cowser also brings a lot of speed and good base running as well. But ultimately the funniest part to me is how reliant this board is on statcast stuff and how many on here quote it but yet choose to ignore it w/r/t Cowser. Now, I agree that actual results would be nice and the SSS of RISP/clutch stats is really pathetic on his part but it’s also a SSS and not sure we should be putting that much weight into it. For me, Cowser would start be every righty and somewhere between 25-50% of all lefties. If we can rid ourselves of little bit of this vet depth we have on the team, Kjerstad would be the same. The problem with Kjerstad right now is that the defense isn’t there (at least as well as Cowser) and while I would like his bat in his lineup more, he’s impacted by the DH/1B guys more than Cowser is.  
    • Sending Cowser down or going with a 7 man bullpen?
    • I say send Cowser down for Mayo. This will give Cowser regular AB’s until you forget out what you are going to do at the deadline. I am in no way down on Cowser but think he could use a small reset.
    • Would you be willing to further explain what you mean in stating that Skubal or Crochet are not Verlander/Cole/Greinke/Burnes? Are you saying that because they are not veterans Elias/Sig would not be as interested?  Or are you saying that they are not elite pitchers? If so, can you name all of the starting pitchers in MLB that you think are better in 2024? … I can’t imagine that list is too long.
  • Popular Contributors