Realistic Free Agent #3 Pitchers

ScGO's

Listening to CBS sports radio, it appears Trevor Bauer has been on Fox news, and will be on Doug gottlieb show as well soon telling his story. Based on Doug's analysis, it sounds like Trevor is completely innocent of everything except maybe public opinion of his personal preferences in a sexual life. He's already expressed he's learned a lesson from that haha maybe he has. But he wants to be back in baseball and we need somebody like him, is this a match?

Signing Bauer has to be at least discussed by Elias and company. Hell, we did sign Albert Belle, Matt Harvey, Sidney Ponson, Delmon Young, and maybe a couple more with questionable decision making in their past. With all the facts that have come out, it seems to be overblown by the media anyway. No crimes committed; just poor judgement in his dating/sexual life that he says he's moved on from. There will be an intense vetting process before signing him

17 hours ago, 24fps said:

Like malaria, Trevor Bauer is back in the minds of Orioles faithful.  Never to be cured, only managed... for a while.

More like Critical Thinking about the potential signing of Bauer than "News said man bad, me no like bad man cus news don't like bad man, news love me, so me no think further"

Based on all the info that has come out, he's at least arrived at a point where he should be VETTED in order to see how a move like this would play out for the club house, front office, PR, etc.

Bauer at 1 Year 10 mil or less would be an absolute steal and still leave room to do more. Doesn't matter what I think though; I can only hope Mike Elias is critically thinking about the opportunity.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ScGO's said:

More like Critical Thinking about the potential signing of Bauer than "News said man bad, me no like bad man cus news don't like bad man, news love me, so me no think further"

Based on all the info that has come out, he's at least arrived at a point where he should be VETTED in order to see how a move like this would play out for the club house, front office, PR, etc.

Bauer at 1 Year 10 mil or less would be an absolute steal and still leave room to do more. Doesn't matter what I think though; I can only hope Mike Elias is critically thinking about the opportunity.

The Trevor Bauer question has already been debated several times here this offseason so it's no longer a fresh idea.

I don't think it's going too far out on a limb to suggest that the PR departments of all 30 organizations have already weighed in on signing Trevor Bauer and that's one good reason he's still on the sidelines where he's likely to remain.  As to the rest of the respective front office departments, I think we can safely assume that they've done all the vetting they need to do in order to conclude that he's radioactive and will remain that way for quite a while longer.  How else do you account for the lack of a bidding frenzy when even mediocre starters are getting $13 million plus?

If all 30 organizations have decided that they're in the baseball business and not the social justice business (as it looks like they have) then it appears like critical thinking is alive and well at least to a small degree.

6 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Literally no team in baseball wants any part of this man, but you're the only critical thinker in the room huh? He's also an admitted cheater so don't pretend that this is just about his off the field issues. The man has more red flags than the Peoples Republic of China. 

8 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Literally no team in baseball wants any part of this man, but you're the only critical thinker in the room huh? He's also an admitted cheater so don't pretend that this is just about his off the field issues. The man has more red flags than the Peoples Republic of China. 

Cheater?

Pfft.

If you are trying to say that he might not be as effective since the crackdown fine but many guys used/use something more than is officially allowed,

He was just more honest about it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Cheater?

Pfft.

If you are trying to say that he might not be as effective since the crackdown fine but many guys used/use something more than is officially allowed,

He was just more honest about it.

It wasn't a judgement, it was a question of his future performance. And it doesn't seem like a big leap to think that his increased spin rate (from the sticky stuff) might have played a pretty big part in him going from being a perennial 4.00+ ERA pitcher to a Cy Young contender. 

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

It wasn't a judgement, it was a question of his future performance. And it doesn't seem like a big leap to think that his increased spin rate (from the sticky stuff) might have played a pretty big part in him going from being a perennial 4.00+ ERA pitcher to a Cy Young contender. 

Sure from that angle it's a fair point.