Dominican Academy Pictures

elextrano8

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

This quote from Elias piqued my interest:

“I was here five years ago when I joined the Orioles,” Elias said, “and my first week on the job somebody handed me the blueprint for Brian’s land, and it’s just unbelievable for me to see us actually be here right now and looking at it.“

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/orioles-celebrate-opening-of-dominican-training-academy

So there were blueprints already in existence when Elias started with the O’s?  I guess this Academy wasn’t the brainchild of Elias and Perez, but the previous regime?   

A new GM is chosen.  Brian's contact in the warehouse rushes to dust off his pet project to earn some brownie points.  After spending 30 minutes shuffling through papers, he finds it rolled up on his closet covered in dust.  "Mr. Elias, can I have a moment of your time?  Now that JA hired you to lead the rebuild and do the hard organizational things, here's what's been bumped from the budget for the Buck years of senioritis."

39 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

A new GM is chosen.  Brian's contact in the warehouse rushes to dust off his pet project to earn some brownie points.  After spending 30 minutes shuffling through papers, he finds it rolled up on his closet covered in dust.  "Mr. Elias, can I have a moment of your time?  Now that JA hired you to lead the rebuild and do the hard organizational things, here's what's been bumped from the budget for the Buck years of senioritis."

Haha. That honestly sounds pretty plausible. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Sounds like they care about their players as people.  Good stuff.  Most don’t make it.

Yeah, that's possible.  But it also makes business sense too; good PR and a good program to brag about when courting players.