Jackson Holliday spring training watch

Frobby

25 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Tony graded Holliday at the end of the season as a 45 based on what he did in 2023.   Holliday has spent the off season being coach by is All-Star father.   So we don't know what his current grade is.   We will know more when the season begins.    Tony has his future grade  as 65 and his ceiling as 70.    There is  no way to know when or if he will reaches those grades.

Right, and I’m not disagreeing with any of this.  But you and Malike were talking past each other because Tony’s “current” grades shouldn’t be compared to BA etc.’s “future” grades, and I was trying to clear that up.  

I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  Holliday will be given every opportunity to earn a spot on the OD roster.  He still has to earn it by showing that having him on the roster best option for the team to win games.  It’s not that complicated.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Right, and I’m not disagreeing with any of this.  But you and Malike were talking past each other because Tony’s “current” grades shouldn’t be compared to BA etc.’s “future” grades, and I was trying to clear that up.  

I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  Holliday will be given every opportunity to earn a spot on the OD roster.  He still has to earn it by showing that having him on the roster best option for the team to win games.  It’s not that complicated.  

While it makes sense that MLB Pipeline grades are future grades because they have Holliday at 60 power,  where do they say they are future grades?

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

While it makes sense that MLB Pipeline grades are future grades because they have Holliday at 60 power,  where do they say they are future grades?

Here.

Players in the Top 100 Prospects list are ranked for their long-term MLB impact, with allowances for the risk that they will fall short of that ceiling. The tools grades listed for each player are all future grades of what we project them to be in the best stretch of their big league careers.”

• Thanks 1

Just now, wildcard said:

If you don't get, you don't get it.

Was your intention to show that Westburg is a better 2B than 3B or just to show he’s capable of making an athletic, great play from anywhere?   Not sure I get it either.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Here.

Players in the Top 100 Prospects list are ranked for their long-term MLB impact, with allowances for the risk that they will fall short of that ceiling. The tools grades listed for each player are all future grades of what we project them to be in the best stretch of their big league careers.”

Thanks.   I am guessing that is somewhere on the website.

Was your intention to show that Westburg is a better 2B than 3B or just to show he’s capable of making an athletic, great play from anywhere?   Not sure I get it either.

Tea leaves. That’s all he is interested in. Tea leaves. 

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If you don't get, you don't get it.

I mean, you showing one great play by someone who is playing second really doesn’t add anything.  No one  is questioning Westburg or saying to bench him.

This added nothing to the conversation.

Gunnar at SS/3B and Westburg at 2B are athletic players.    Holliday has some competition in his attempt to move them off those positions IMO.   Not saying he won't.  Just think he has his work cut out for him.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I mean, you showing one great play by someone who is playing second really doesn’t add anything.  No one  is questioning Westburg or saying to bench him.

This added nothing to the conversation.

You know this, I think, but I am going to say it out loud.

He's trying to further prove his point that Westburg should be playing 2B not 3B even though the guy who's in charge of these decisions has told us that Holliday is playing 2B if he's on the O's roster.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

You know this, I think, but I am going to say it out loud.

He's trying to further prove his point that Westburg should be playing 2B not 3B even though the guy who's in charge of these decisions has told us that Holliday is playing 2B if he's on the O's roster.

I don't question that Holliday is a very talented player.   But he has played 25 games at 2nd base in his minor league career.    We will see what happens.