2024 Yankees - Aaron Judge/Juan Soto friendship watch

Just Regular

Impressive defeat of Camilo Doval by Juan Soto to key the sweep in San Francisco.

Doval is functionally near to Felix Bautista and Mason Miller as hairy as a relief pitcher can get, but Soto's the favorite over just about anybody in the hitter v. pitcher building block of the game.

Gerrit scheduled to pitch AA tomorrow as we start to see how their Bradish scenario this season does at minor league game intensity.

What's the square root of 50...something like 7.1?    Even if both Bradish and Cole are 70% to be in the clear today, odds still favor one of them being absent by season's end.

Szymborski's June update projected East 2nd place to beat Central 2nd place by 7 games and I believe if they beat them by even 1 game, BAL-NYY is locked to the 5-game setting if it occurs.

Who had Juan Soto in the pool of who needs TJ first out of Kyle Bradish, Gerrit Cole and Juan Soto?

I hope Soto is good.     It is tricky dynamics between Boras Corp and NYY if anything is amiss.

I am merely guessing like Ohtani last year if need be he could DH indefinitely closing out an Arb-salaried season, though that might impact his start of 2025 availability for a FA-salaried season.

The Dodgers know his quality regardless of anything he does or doesn't do the next 4-5 months.

Luis Gil and Tyler Glasnow in the ESPN primetime Sunday night is pretty.

Last night on FOX I heard more than one instance of John Smoltz choosing "unfortunately" from his word book to describe ordinary baseball happenings to NYY.

Not that the networks and commissioner prefer one team over another, or would ever weight the tumbling dice, umpire scorecards or bouncing balls to create revenue positive situations.

With Soto missing time with his forearm issue, Judge seems to be taking on the frontrunner status for MVP.  His OPS is up to 1.137 and he just hit his 24th HR.  This season looks better than his MVP/62 HR season.  2nd would have to be a toss up between Cleveland's Ramirez and Soto, IMO.  I have Gunnar in 4th.  Just my personal ranking.

• 2 weeks later...