2024 Yankees - Aaron Judge/Juan Soto friendship watch

Just Regular

Entertaining start here by Judge.     This may or may not have been him passing some of the boredom of Spring Training goofing around with baseball media and the public they cater to.    I guess possibly this could be him supporting his longer run teammate Anthony Volpe for top of the lineup envisioning he and Soto would go 3-4.

“I feel like if we can get a couple more guys on base in front of me, a couple of speedsters, I feel like that’s gonna help us produce more runs,” Judge said Tuesday. “If you got a guy like DJ leading off who’s gonna get on base, put the ball in play, work the count, especially if you have a little speedster in front of me, either bunt him over, move the guy over, get the guy in scoring position, then me in the three-hole can drive somebody in. But it might be a little old-school thinking on my part. Some of the guys I watched growing up, the best hitters were hitting third, and the run producers were three and four. But I don’t know. I don’t know why it means so much to me. I just want to find a way to help the team any way I can. If that’s me hitting third, it’s me hitting third.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...