Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If Elias could justify calling up Holliday with the some roster makeup, then I don't see why Mayo shouldn't be called up.  It's the same case for him.  Super prospect, with elite skills, that can be a real difference maker now and in September/October, and that we're willing to sacrifice the Super Two to have him up right now.  

We're at the 1/4 point of the season, meaning that guys will need regular rest.  Mayo could easily be playing in 6 out of every 7 games, and he should be.  

Difference is Mateo is hitting.  He wasn’t really when Holliday got called up

44 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Difference is Mateo is hitting.  He wasn’t really when Holliday got called up

Mateo is hitting .250 with a .738 OPS

On April 9, one day before Holliday’s first game, he was 5 for 14 for a .357 AVG and a .971 OPS.

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Mateo is hitting .250 with a .738 OPS

On April 9, one day before Holliday’s first game, he was 5 for 14 for a .357 AVG and a .971 OPS.

He is playing more often now and they were using Urias or Westburg at second.  They seem to have settled on Mateo now and he has generally been good. 

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

He is playing more often now and they were using Urias or Westburg at second.  They seem to have settled on Mateo now and he has generally been good. 

Ok.  I was only responding to what you said.   You said Mateo wasn’t hitting when Holliday was called up but he was in his limited opportunities.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  I was only responding to what you said.   You said Mateo wasn’t hitting when Holliday was called up but he was in his limited opportunities.

You were correct. It was more Urias wasn’t and they seemed at that time to view him as in front of Mateo. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, Frobby said:

I’d be okay if he hit .240 with 35 homers, especially with a good walk rate.  I’m glad he’s pushing for more than that, but that would play well.  

In today's game, that would play well as you said.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Interesting, thx. Must have been while trying to make some sort of play on a foul ball or something I’d guess.  Glad to know it’s nothing major.  Part of me was hoping he was on his way to OPACY, but I knew better 😅

Quick timed Roch Kubatko reporting is reliably strong with the expectations management side of the force.

So many HR and RBI to come, and so close to Super 2.

Ramon Urias I'd guess will have a Tony Kemp moment in the next month or two, but it is a nice moment for his family the competition with his brother this weekend.

43 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Interesting, thx. Must have been while trying to make some sort of play on a foul ball or something I’d guess.  Glad to know it’s nothing major.  Part of me was hoping he was on his way to OPACY, but I knew better 😅

Exactly.  The dugout has a railing but a 3 foot opening with steps going down into the dugout.  He had his head up and eyes on the ball.  Just as he was about to catch it, right into the opening and stumbled down the steps.  No one from the other team there to brace him.  He emerged after a few minutes and looked a little shaken but fine and even finished the rest of the inning at 3B.

• Thanks 2