Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

22 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

Fabian.

The thing is, with Walltimore the O's really need two centerfielders in their everyday lineup, plus a fourth outfielder who can play CF and LF.   So it makes sense to draft a lot of CFs, and to get them some playing time in LF in the minors.  

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m happy for him, but he hasn’t really earned it IMO.  

I'm curious why you feel that way. What about his game in A ball makes you feel as though he hasn't earned it? Honest question as I know you usually have a well thought out sets of reasons for your opinions. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

I'm curious why you feel that way. What about his game in A ball makes you feel as though he hasn't earned it? Honest question as I know you usually have a well thought out sets of reasons for your opinions. Thanks in advance.

I just don’t think a .267 BA and .708 OPS screams promotion.  I do think he deserves extra credit for his baserunning.  Maybe for his defense too, though I don’t watch the games and have no idea if he’s lived up to his pre-draft reputation.  I can’t say I’ve seen dozens of defensive highlights making the rounds on Twitter or elsewhere.  I am not saying Bradfield can’t do well at Bowie, but I don’t think he’s been beating down the door.  

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just don’t think a .267 BA and .708 OPS screams promotion.  I do think he deserves extra credit for his baserunning.  Maybe for his defense too, though I don’t watch the games and have no idea if he’s lived up to his pre-draft reputation.  I can’t say I’ve seen dozens of defensive highlights making the rounds on Twitter or elsewhere.  I am not saying Bradfield can’t do well at Bowie, but I don’t think he’s been beating down the door.  

Agreed.   I think this is almost just as much as clearing out room in Aberdeen.   My guess is that the higher picks in this class are going straight to Aberdeen instead of Delmarva.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

If I'm counting correctly there are 30 games left in their season. They are 8 games back of Akron so they have a very outside chance at the playoffs. If he plays well in 2024 he starts 2025 at Bowie with a chance to get to Norfolk by mid season. I'll bet he starts 2025 Spring training with the MLB club and is one of the last to be sent to minor league camp. He may need this challenge to perform.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

It seems as if they make the decisions based on things other than just the available stats, especially with Aberdeen. I’m curious if you thought Cowser at the time had earned a promotion from Aberdeen to Bowie? Or Gunnar?

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m happy for him, but he hasn’t really earned it IMO.   I wonder if Fabian and/or Beavers are headed to Norfolk.  

I assume we’ll see a subsequent “shift change” of Fabian, Beavers, and Rhodes, to Norfolk. 

The “earned it” part is up in the air. The guys in Bowie have been there for a full season. It was time to move the guys from Aberdeen up as well. 

I predict we see their OPSs go up as a whole once the dust settles. Moving up to more hitter friendly environments.