Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

Solid start for our 2023 top pick, going 3 for 9 with 4 walks and a sac bunt in the opening weekend, with one of his hits going for a double.  He stole 2 bases but also got picked off 2B.  He also struck out 3 times, kind of surprising for a prospect known to have very good contact skills.   Still, .333/.539/.444 for the weekend is a nice start.

• Upvote 1

While he’s struck out looking three times, he has a 0% whiff rate as he has yet to swing and miss this year.  I wouldn’t look at the strikeouts as an indictment of his contact skills.

I was very happy to see the sharply hit double given his weirdly low number of extra base hits last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warehouse said:

While he’s struck out looking three times, he has a 0% whiff rate as he has yet to swing and miss this year.  I wouldn’t look at the strikeouts as an indictment of his contact skills.

I was very happy to see the sharply hit double given his weirdly low number of extra base hits last year.

I’d gone through the game summaries after my post and saw that all three K’s were looking.  Meant to circle back and post that, but you took care of it, so thanks.   

I figure any time Bradfield gets an extra base hit it’s cause for celebration.  He collected a triple and a single yesterday, and stole his 4th base.  Now hitting .258/.378/.355 in 8 games.   

Tavian Josephson leads the team in steals with 6.   

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I figure any time Bradfield gets an extra base hit it’s cause for celebration.  He collected a triple and a single yesterday, and stole his 4th base.  Now hitting .258/.378/.355 in 8 games.   

Tavian Josephson leads the team in steals with 6.   

Josenberger

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Oops.

He also has 7 walks to 3 strikeouts in over 30 PA.  Supposedly can play CF but played 2B as a sophomore and the O’s have him there.  Wiry strong but no signs of extra base power yet.  

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Found video of the triple from yesterday. Looked like a gapper into the power alley. 

Enrique Bradfield Jr. rips a leadoff triple | 04/14/2024 | MLB.com

Good to see a solid swing to the pull side gap.  Then off to the races!

I wonder how his bat speed and how long his bat stays in the hitting zone compares to Arraez and that type of hitter...