Dylan Beavers 2024

Just Regular

Beavers or Stowers?  Better future…

I know we all love to throw Stowers into trades like a ham sandwich, but remember this is the dude that as a “prospect” won co milb Oriole MVP with Adley. Stowers checked all the boxes coming up. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Beavers or Stowers?  Better future…

I know we all love to throw Stowers into trades like a ham sandwich, but remember this is the dude that as a “prospect” won co milb Oriole MVP with Adley. Stowers checked all the boxes coming up. 

Stowers would be ranked above Beavers if he were eligible. Stowers has some swing issues for sure and will never be a high average guy because of his swing and miss, but he can hit if given every day opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers would be ranked above Beavers if he were eligible. Stowers has some swing issues for sure and will never be a high average guy because of his swing and miss, but he can hit if given every day opportunities. 

Good info.

This is why I think we hang onto Stowers and Norby. They’re role players. Other teams know they’re role players. Teams that are rebuilding don’t need role players. They need to try and hit on everyday players. 

So Stowers and Norby are worth a lot more to us than they would bring back in a trade. I see them as 1-1 replacements for.

Santa - Stowers(not the starting gig, the roster spot)

Hays - Norby 

Meaning, I think Beavers is more likely to go in a trade. 

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Good info.

This is why I think we hang onto Stowers and Norby. They’re role players. Other teams know they’re role players. Teams that are rebuilding don’t need role players. They need to try and hit on everyday players. 

So Stowers and Norby are worth a lot more to us than they would bring back in a trade. I see them as 1-1 replacements for.

Hays - Norby 

Stowers and Norby are not core players but they are everyday type guys. 

On 7/1/2024 at 5:17 PM, interloper said:

Beavers by month:

April: .886
May: .821
June: .599

Hopefully he turns it up in July. I feel like a lot of our position prospects find a way to turn it up at the end of the year. Let's see. 

Beavers has continued his nosedive so far in July:  .571 OPS at the break.  I’m not sure what’s going on here.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 6:34 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Good info.

Hays - Norby 

I'm not a big fan of Stowers and I think Norby should be traded because his position is blocked (unless Kjerstad is traded), but Stowers and Norby might be the Mariners best 2 hitters if the O's and Mariners had a trade.  Mariners are probably too stupid to realize that.