Dean Kramer for Closer

connja

If we are must consider someone else already within the org, from the minors, to the current bullpen to one of the excessive starters.  

Suarez?  Tyler Wells has experience, when healthy.  How about Dean Kremer...he'd be my pick.

5 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

If they don't trade for anyone I'm guessing it's most likely Suarez or Cano.

I think Tyler Wells is going to end up getting the job.  Suarez for now.

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I think Tyler Wells is going to end up getting the job.  Suarez for now.

I don't know, Wells gives up home runs and keeps breaking down.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Is Wells even pitching yet?

Tyler Wells is rehabbing his right elbow down in Sarasota. And that’s the extent of any updates.

Wells went on the 15-day injured list retroactive to April 13 with inflammation in the elbow.

“He’s resting, he’s rehabbing in Sarasota,” Hyde said. “Right now, it’s just letting the inflammation go down.”

Asked if there are any concerns with the diagnosis, Hyde said, “We’re just giving him rest right now.”

https://www.masnsports.com/orioles-rss/orioles-pregame-notes-on-rodriguez-wells-hays-rotation-and-more

• Upvote 1

Wells could be the answer if he is healthy.  He did a solid job out of the pen his first year here.  Had nerves of steel.  He throws strikes.  Sometimes too many and gives up some bombs but a healthy Wells might be better than a wild and perhaps injured himself Kimbrel.

For everyone saying Kremer is staying in the rotation....the first 4 starters are clearly Burnes, Bradish, Grod, Means.  I suppose you can pick Kremer over Irvin for #5, but Irvin not a bad #5 if you want to move Kremer to the back end, where his stuff would play very nicely IMO.

The idea of one guy being closer is silly. It’s ridiculous to throw up the hands in despair because one guy is doing lousy. That’s why we have more than one guy. Don’t have a closer have six closers. Everyone will know before the game who is most likely to play so everybody can get prepared. It’s not going to be a surprise unless we’re down or up 12 to nothing after three.

The problem, as many people have pointed out, is that we don’t have guys with options, and Mike is reluctant to dump anybody, regardless of how awful they are, so Baumann is still making his salary, and good for him.

• Upvote 1