Well, That Sucked

11 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Elias loves him some veteran presence.  Frazier, Odor.  They will go out of their way to use old people whenever they can and not use the future until they have no other choice.  Its just what they do.  They always will fall back on "love the way they turn the double play"  which is code for "yeah they suck but we are using them no matter what".  With Odor you could respect it a little because he knocked Bautista in the mouth and who can not love that?

They only have 4 top 100 guys left. They will run out soon which is their worry if they bring guys up

9 hours ago, Philip said:

I would have to know more about the situation to conclusively say whether it’s a bad idea

You could have saved yourself a whole lot of typing.   

12 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

They only have 4 top 100 guys left. They will run out soon which is their worry if they bring guys up

You really believe that?

13 hours ago, O's84 said:

Baseball Reference doesn't have this game stats yet.  

So coming into today we had a .301 OBP, good for 26th in the league (League avg is .312)

Last year we had .321 OBP good for 15th in the league (League avg was .320).

This year w/ RISP we have a .777 OPS (.319 OBP), (League avg. is 333 OBP)

Last year w/ RISP we had a 837 OPS (OBP .356), (League avg OBP .320)

Numbers agree with what the eyes are seeing. Which is that this offense is clearly worse than last year's. What could be the reasons?

10 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I kind of thought this off season that we should of moved Santander and Hays.  Now they have zero trade value.  I think they got too cute by holding on to the vets and giving all the kids the shaft over and over.  Without even hindsight I was wanting to go in a different direction.  The kids need to get their lumps over now so we can see what we have with them.  

If the kids got their lumps and the Orioles had a losing record everyone would be losing their minds here.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At least the fake not swept streak is gone. Who wants to not count the playoffs?

Nah man. The streak is still alive!

We haven't been swept 106 series in a row, not in the playoffs and not against the Cardinals!

Edited by spleen1015
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Nah man. The streak is still alive!

We've won 106 series in a row, not in the playoffs and not against the Cardinals!

Ha.  Haven’t been swept.  Big difference.   I heard Brown say something about a winning series streak against AL East teams.   You’ll be hearing a lot more about that.  I promise.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ha.  Haven’t been swept.  Big difference.   I heard Brown say something about a winning series streak against AL East teams.   You’ll be hearing a lot more about that.  I promise.

Fixed! 🤣

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

For you or the readers?

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

For you or the readers?

That made me laugh. I don’t recall what exactly I wrote, but I’m sure it was brilliant, so we’ll leave it at that.

” thanks folks,I’m here all week! remember to tip your waitress, and try the veal!”

Edited by Philip