Well, That Sucked

Probably the worst played series I've seen us play in two series. Lousy at-bats, errors, base-running gaffes. You name it, we did it poorly. 

There is some serious dead weight on this team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Flush it.  We haven’t been swept in two years so we’ve forgotten that good teams have bad stretches sometimes.  That blew, but forget it and move on.

Silver lining is we can stop hearing about the streak.  

Exactly. It was a nice thing to hang our hats on but it's over. They can start a new streak yada yada yada. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Flush it.  We haven’t been swept in two years so we’ve forgotten that good teams have bad stretches sometimes.  That blew, but forget it and move on.

Silver lining is we can stop hearing about the streak.  

Yep. Forget about it and move on.  The guys certainly will, and will be looking to beat the everloving snot out of the doormats they're playing the next four games. 

Came into today in AL -rankings 

7th - BA

1st- SLG

13th- OBP

1st- RPG

I like this lineup and think they will hit. That said I think it will be hard to maintain the offense with that kind of OBP.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Yep. Forget about it and move on.  The guys certainly will, and will be looking to beat the everloving snot out of the doormats they're playing the next four games. 

Easy to say, but I think there's a very good chance of a Nick Nastrini perfect game against us. (He's 0-2 with a 7.88 ERA.) Or any of the other CWS pitchers, really.

On about.... 81 pitches or so.

Edited by allquixotic

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d rather win games in each series and hear about the streak rather than look like they did against the Cardinals and have some silver lining about not having to hear about the streak. But to each their own. 

Agreed 

Some people have to spin it that way. Me, I hate not only getting swept but looking like garbage doing it.

How many errors does Gunnar have this season? I want to say a fair amount. Didn't see the game, but appears he had a critical one in that sixth inning.

The damn delays the last two games didn't help.

After the White Sox the schedules gets brutal.  Find a way to take 3 of 4. 

And yes i know, the way were playing now we just as easily could 1-3.  Let's just hope for the best.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Came into today in AL -rankings 

7th - BA

1st- SLG

13th- OBP

1st- RPG

I like this lineup and think they will hit. That said I think it will be hard to maintain the offense with that kind of OBP.

The OBP is a big problem. I thought they’d be better than that especially on the heels of last year. It’s one of the most disappointing aspects of the season for me. 

• Upvote 1

3 XBH’s in their last 32 innings. Terrible at bats, couldn’t hit with RISP, couldn’t move runners over, and made very weak contact all series. SP’s were decent (minus Kremer) but bullpen blew 2 games once again and the defense was brutal and didn’t help in that regard. 

I get it’s one series and doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things, but it should be more of a wake up call on some pretty lackluster play the last 2 weeks. They’re 6-7 in that time frame while playing no real contending teams. They’ve scored 44 runs in those games (not including extra innings) and have had really just once convincing win (Friday against Seattle). The pitching results have been good but the K-BB rate has plummeted (especially the BP), so how much of that is smoke and mirrors? 

It’s probably just a slump that coincides with half their lineup slumping and BP pieces struggling, or at least let’s hope so. I don’t care about the streak though and really am not irritated by the fact they got swept, it’s more how they played this series and the past 2 weeks that is irritating. 

• Upvote 1