The 2024 Trade Deadline

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'll be honest, I'm going to be disappointed if we leave Miami without Scott. The Marlins owe us anyway for giving us crap for him in the first place. lol

Scott would upgrade our 8th inning situation. 

For Brian Cashman, an interesting question is would he bid Jasson Rodriguez?

Spencer Jones has not covered himself in trade value in the first half of the minor league season.   He is basically having the Vance Honeycutt bad scenario.

The Yankees probably need to maximize their one Juan Soto year more than the Orioles need to maximize their one Corbin Burnes year as Gunnar/Adley about 10 years younger than Judge/Cole.

Corbin Burnes I am pretty sure has zero cares what the Orioles farm system rankings look like this winter.

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

For Brian Cashman, an interesting question is would he bid Jasson Rodriguez?

Spencer Jones has not covered himself in trade value in the first half of the minor league season.   He is basically having the Vance Honeycutt bad scenario.

The Yankees probably need to maximize their one Juan Soto year more than the Orioles need to maximize their one Corbin Burnes year as Gunnar/Adley about 10 years younger than Judge/Cole.

Corbin Burnes I am pretty sure has zero cares what the Orioles farm system rankings look like this winter.

What makes this "the Yankees on Juan Soto year"? They are more than likely going to resign him. Have you paid attention to how much money that they have coming off of their books? It makes little business sense for them to give up Jones and Dominguez. They are going to need another starting outfielder for cheap given how much they will be paying Judge and Soto in 25'.

They Yankees last almost 30 years have proven to us, that they are not ever limited to any kind of window. When/if they lose Cole, they will just go and sign the next superstar pitcher.

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

What makes this "the Yankees on Juan Soto year"? They are more than likely going to resign him. Have you paid attention to how much money that they have coming off of their books? It makes little business sense for them to give up Jones and Dominguez. They are going to need another starting outfielder for cheap given how much they will be paying Judge and Soto in 25'.

They Yankees last almost 30 years have proven to us, that they are not ever limited to any kind of window. When/if they lose Cole, they will just go and sign the next superstar pitcher.

What about how the Guggenheim Partners are synergizing the Los Angeles and Tokyo media markets?

Did you see the Dodgers are having opening day in Asia again in 2025?    Jason Heyward as a starting OF on a 1-year contract?

Hal Steinbrenner is not his dad...so far.     The Yankees are in the mix but I believe it is more likely than not Juan Soto changes teams next year.

45 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'll be honest, I'm going to be disappointed if we leave Miami without Scott. The Marlins owe us anyway for giving us crap for him in the first place. lol

Scott would upgrade our 8th inning situation. 

It is funny that we are playing Miami right now. Gotta think Elias is going to be on hand and doing some face to face discussions. 

25 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

The Yankees could outbid anyone if they want…but the Dodgers and moreso the Mets are also able to go nuts. If you listen to people in and around the Yankees and those in the industry, it seems more likely he’s done than he stays.

25 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

What about how the Guggenheim Partners are synergizing the Los Angeles and Tokyo media markets?

Did you see the Dodgers are having opening day in Asia again in 2025?    Jason Heyward as a starting OF on a 1-year contract?

Hal Steinbrenner is not his dad...so far.     The Yankees are in the mix but I believe it is more likely than not Juan Soto changes teams next year.

Even if they lose Soto. The Yankees will still buy more superstars in the future. Their "window" will not be limited to a certain players career. 

I see the Mets being more of a competitor than the Dodgers for Soto.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It is funny that we are playing Miami right now. Gotta think Elias is going to be on hand and doing some face to face discussions. 

Maybe they'll take Yacqui Rivera and Kevin Guerrero back for him? :D Rivera is starting to throw harder.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Even if they lose Soto. The Yankees will still buy more superstars in the future. Their "window" will not be limited to a certain players career. 

I see the Mets being more of a competitor than the Dodgers for Soto.

But there is no one else like Juan Soto at the top of the global talent pyramid the Orioles are fortunate to get to play in right now.

Not even Corbin Burnes, who I would today guess has similar odds to Juan Soto being a 2025 Opening Day New York Yankee.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Steve Philips was just on High Heat. Asked about Orioles. Doesn’t sound convinced Skubal is dealt. Did mention possibility of if Texas falls out of it - Heaney and Eovaldi.  

Respectfully Steve Phillips is as good of an insider as he was a GM.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Respectfully Steve Phillips is as good of an insider as he was a GM.

I’m ready myself for deadline to be over. Tired of it. I enjoy being in the mix to improve.  

May sound funny but I like the deadline more when the Orioles are bad than good. Hope don’t have to deal with that for awhile. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m ready myself for deadline to be over. Tired of it. I enjoy being in the mix to improve.  

May sound funny but I like the deadline more when the Orioles are bad than good. Hope don’t have to deal with that for awhile. 

Wow  how could you say that?  I am anxious and in suspense that the O-s will add the pieces that will give them postseason success.