Live upset thread!

O's are Legends

On the other hand, he took over a legendary program coming off of a national championship, couldn't win one in fifteen years despite four Final Fours, and went to another legendary program where he won in his second season largely using players recruited by his predecessor.

(I agree with you...I'm just presenting the other side :D)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the other hand, he took over a legendary program coming off of a national championship, couldn't win one in fifteen years despite four Final Fours, and went to another legendary program where he won in his second season largely using players recruited by his predecessor.

(I agree with you...I'm just presenting the other side :D)

Kansas was on probation when he got there, and he made them a contender right away.

As for the 2005 team, while he did not recruit those players to go to Chapel Hill, he had to do a hell of a sales job to get them not to leave.

Ok, so if he wins it all with THIS team, maybe then we'll call him a legit Hall of Famer.

Williams is a big time winner...You can't deny that.

Should he have gotten more out of his talent over the years? Yes.

Is he a better recruiter than coach? IMO, yes he is.

But he is still an upper echelon coach that has built and sustained great programs and that can't be denied.

Sometimes when you are always good and always at the head of a great program, people overlook just how good you are...Its expected. On one hand, that's fair...On another hand, its not fair.

DirecTV is life...

Ugh, I know, that thing is awesome.

I had it a few years when I was in high school, my Dad threw down for it and it was so sweet.

Unfortunately, no satellite dishes here in the APT. Thought about heading out a bar to watch, but I'll be doing that the next two days. They can't stick with this rout the entire game, can they?

I had it a few years when I was in high school, my Dad threw down for it and it was so sweet.

Unfortunately, no satellite dishes here in the APT. Thought about heading out a bar to watch, but I'll be doing that the next two days. They can't stick with this rout the entire game, can they?

They might in this area.

That sucks. I'm watching VCU/UCLA and it's pretty even so far. Each team keeps going on little runs. Should be on Channel 13 in no time as Morgan gets blown out.

That sucks. I'm watching VCU/UCLA and it's pretty even so far. Each team keeps going on little runs. Should be on Channel 13 in no time as Morgan gets blown out.

I was pretty excited about that match-up. Collison-Maynor is a pretty awesome matchup, and I expected Sanders to play well.

Gotta root on the CAA guys.

Williams is a big time winner...You can't deny that.

Should he have gotten more out of his talent over the years? Yes.

Is he a better recruiter than coach? IMO, yes he is.

But he is still an upper echelon coach that has built and sustained great programs and that can't be denied.

Sometimes when you are always good and always at the head of a great program, people overlook just how good you are...Its expected. On one hand, that's fair...On another hand, its not fair.

Besides that '96 Kansas team that lost in the Sweet 16, I can't really think of any that have been really disappointing.

He took teams with Rex Walters and Adonis Jordan to two Final Fours. Mark Randall and Greg Ostertag were his big men. Not many superstars there.

I was pretty excited about that match-up. Collison-Maynor is a pretty awesome matchup, and I expected Sanders to play well.

Gotta root on the CAA guys.

Sanders is in foul trouble and UCLA is somewhat taking over. Enberg just mentioned the Virginia opening and the Grant possible connection.

Archived