Live upset thread!

O's are Legends

Sanders is in foul trouble and UCLA is somewhat taking over. Enberg just mentioned the Virginia opening and the Grant possible connection.

I bet on VCU because they were getting 8 points...Thought that was a lot.

But I don't expect them to win the game...Too much talent and experience on UCLA.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanders is in foul trouble and UCLA is somewhat taking over. Enberg just mentioned the Virginia opening and the Grant possible connection.

I wouldn't take anything Enberg says too seriously.

I love the guy, he is one of my favorite broadcasters of all-time, but the guy is pretty much looney right now. He was talking about how American's strong performance figured since the Patriot League had given us George Mason just a few years ago....Enberg is like your granddad that, even though you love the guy, you just kind of laugh at the ridiculousness that comes out of his mouth.

At least his wackyness is on topic, unlike Mike Patrick, who feels the need to wander off aimlessly. Thank goodness he doesn't get to do NCAA games.

I wouldn't take anything Enberg says too seriously.

I love the guy, he is one of my favorite broadcasters of all-time, but the guy is pretty much looney right now. He was talking about how American's strong performance figured since the Patriot League had given us George Mason just a few years ago....Enberg is like your granddad that, even though you love the guy, you just kind of laugh at the ridiculousness that comes out of his mouth.

At least his wackyness is on topic, unlike Mike Patrick, who feels the need to wander off aimlessly. Thank goodness he doesn't get to do NCAA games.

You mean like the Britany Spears thing?

(Which has mysteriously disappeared from YouTube as a TOS violation? :laughlol:)

You mean like the Britany Spears thing?

(Which has mysteriously disappeared from YouTube as a TOS violation? :laughlol:)

Bingo.

And he does that ALL THE TIME. Just randomly blurts out things about randomness. The Britney thing was the worst by far, but he does it often. Now, I was never a big Mike Patrick fan as it is, but he is off the reservation now. Enberg, like I mentioned, I can chuckle at because he was always one of my favorites, and is still better than many, but is just so old, he screws things up from time to time.

Interesting that my 3 favorite play by play guys that CBS uses for the tourney (Ian Eagle, Verne Lundquist, and the God amonst men Gus Johnson) all have to wait for tomorrow to get in the action.

I have to say, I CAN NOT WAIT for Gus Johnson. Some HA-HA's! He rules.

Tonight's games are boring

I still think VCU makes that game interesting.

But as of right now, yeah, weak ending to tonight.

Still not a single game has come down to the last posession. The Butler-LSU and Clemson-Michigan games were the closest down the stretch if I remember correctly, and the two big scares (AU over Nova and CSN over Memphis) both ended around the 5 minute mark.

As I mentioned, hopefully all the buzzer beaters are in Minneapolis tomorrow waiting for Gus Johnson to make them even more awesome.

I still think VCU makes that game interesting.

But as of right now, yeah, weak ending to tonight.

Still not a single game has come down to the last posession. The Butler-LSU and Clemson-Michigan games were the closest down the stretch if I remember correctly, and the two big scares (AU over Nova and CSN over Memphis) both ended around the 5 minute mark.

As I mentioned, hopefully all the buzzer beaters are in Minneapolis tomorrow waiting for Gus Johnson to make them even more awesome.

Yeah that game looks good. But CBS would rather us watch OK double up Morgan State.

Is there a better college basketball analysis than Kellogg?

He is fantastic IMO.

CBS does great with their analysts. I really like Kellogg. Bilas is very good. Raftery is awesome.

I wish the put Kellogg with someone other than Nantz. I know Nantz is their guy, but he is so cheesy and goofy. He is perfect for golf. For the NCAA Tournament? Give me Gus Johnson any day of the week. Or Ian Eagle. Or Verne Lundquist.

MY favorite team is definitely Lundquist/Raftery. Great chemistry, considering they don't work together all year, they are always great.

I'm sure that couldn't have anything to do with your location relative to Morgan's.

I mean, I get why we started with it. And ok, stick with the first half.

But we really have to watch til the bitter end while Blake Griffin dunks on them all night?

Archived