Runner on 3B and less than two out - who do you want up there?

Frobby

My immediate response was-and is- Westburg. After a moment’s reflection I thought about the guy who makes most contact and has fewest whiffs. Westburg’s K rate is better than average, but not outstanding, but he always seems to move runners, at the least. So I went back to Westy.
So ATM, he’s my favorite Oriole(sorry, Caleb.)

16 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Our best hitters are Cowser, Westburg, Gunnar and Adley…any of them are good to me…of course if someone else is hot at time, they enter the picture.

Cowser has the highest K rate on the team. If we are talking about a close game situation he is at the bottom of the list for me except Mullins. Especially vs a LHP. Even McCann can drop a bunt down if needed.

It looks like -- and I may be wrong -- a walk counts as a failure to get the runner home unless the bases are loaded. A wa;lk in a RISP situation is usually a positive (a big positive in some circumstances). So is a base hit that doesn't svcore a runner from second. Maybe those events that add a baserunner without giving up an out shouln't be counted as successes, but they shouldn't be counted as failures, either. And a three-run homer is in most cases a bigger success than a sac fly, but it loooks like they count the same in these numbers.

My rankings would differ a lot depending on what hand the pitcher throws with, but Adley, O'Hearn, WEstburg, Gunnar.

1 minute ago, Drifter said:

My 1st thought was Westburg, but I then thought about Adley and his ability to make contact from either side. Adley it is.

It's one of those two.  Not sure which one. 

Westburg's faster to 1B so there's that.