We’re tied with the Yankees in the Loss Column.

This is the most important stat, and the biggest takeaway from last night’s win.

It sounds simple, but it’s the only stat that matters. We cannot make up losses. Losses are in the books. Decided. We can “make up wins” however because we’ve played three fewer games. 

So as long as we’re tied or better in the loss column, we still control our own fate. 

I think we all understand this. Maybe. I don’t intend for this to be a season long thread, but thought this shed importance on how big today’s game is. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the most important stat, and the biggest takeaway from last night’s win.

It sounds simple, but it’s the only stat that matters. We cannot make up losses. Losses are in the books. Decided. We can “make up wins” however because we’ve played three fewer games. 

So as long as we’re tied or better in the loss column, we still control our own fate. 

I think we all understand this. Maybe. I don’t intend for this to be a season long thread, but thought this shed importance on how big today’s game is. 

Bigger game for them than it is for us imo. We already won a home series against them, they need to answer back in NY. Going to be pretty deflating for them if they drop the series after winning game one, especially after their series vs LA and Boston recently.

We have been several times.

We need to be at least 1 game better in the lose column if we're 3 games down. The percentages say we're going to lose one of those 3 games.

There's 83 games left to play. We just need to win as many as we can.

6 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

We have been several times.

We need to be at least 1 game better in the lose column if we're 3 games down. The percentages say we're going to lose one of those 3 games.

There's 83 games left to play. We just need to win as many as we can.

89 games left

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2024 at 7:19 AM, DirtyBird said:

And Fangraphs has the Yankees 68% to 31% to win the division.

The Orioles right now are, IMO, a slightly better team than the NYYs, mostly because they get offensive contributions from a much wider group. Both teams have weaknesses, primarily because of injuries. I think it's very likely the NYYs will address their weaknesses by bringing in talent from outside the organization, and will improve, during the season. Will the Orioles do that? I don't have any idea.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The Orioles right now are, IMO, a slightly better team than the NYYs, mostly because they get offensive contributions from a much wider group. Both teams have weaknesses, primarily because of injuries. I think it's very likely the NYYs will address their weaknesses by bringing in talent from outside the organization, and will improve, during the season. Will the Orioles do that? I don't have any idea.

Yeah, this is the key. Our competition in the post season are not the current teams, but the upgraded versions after the deadline.