As poorly as we played...when he Yankees lose tonight....

Roy Firestone

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We played poorly?  Nah, we won. The previous 5 games were just a rough turn through considering the Yankees, Astros, and Clev, are the other three best teams in the MLB. 

Notice how during our 5 game losing streak that nobody mentioned closer or Mason Miller?  That goes to show you that a closer doesn’t matter if there is no lead to protect.  

Astros are washed up. We had no business getting dominated by them. Basically a trap series. 

13 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

On a 11 day vacation to California. Hitting up the Cubs - Giants game tomorrow in San Fran before heading down the coast to LA. Will feel better about wearing my O’s stuff now without a losing streak. Anyone ever been to the stadium here?

I've been to Dodger Stadium many times if you have questions.  I've never been to a game in San Fran.

3 hours ago, dystopia said:

Astros are washed up. We had no business getting dominated by them. Basically a trap series. 

Payback for June 28-30, 2021 when our pathetic team that went 52-110 swept the Astros in Houston.   It’s baseball, stuff happens.  

Houston is 33-21 since resetting its season in Mexico on April 27. Only two American League teams have better records across that span: the Cleveland Guardians and New York Yankees. The Astros have trimmed their AL West deficit to 4 1/2 games and were three back of the final AL wild-card spot heading into Wednesday night’s games.

Pathetic indeed..From 10 back to 4.5

Edited by KojiSplit

19 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

On a 11 day vacation to California. Hitting up the Cubs - Giants game tomorrow in San Fran before heading down the coast to LA. Will feel better about wearing my O’s stuff now without a losing streak. Anyone ever been to the stadium here?

I'm so jealous. My brother lives in SF two blocks away from Golden Gate Park, and one block away from the N Judah line that pretty much takes him all the way to the ballpark. I visit him once a year and somehow have never been to a game. 

8 hours ago, dystopia said:

They've won 7 in a row easily have the best run differential in the scrubby AL West.  Plus our pitching staff isn't the same without Bradish and Coulombe.  Even if they're just on a hot streak the Astros exposed our lack of depth.  In that lackluster division they could easily make the playoffs and make things tough for any team.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Toronto up 8-1, hate rooting for the Jays. They blew a 5 run lead last night and got destroyed. No matter the results, the Yankees pitching has regressed badly.

I think, in the AL, I root against the Jays second most of any team but I’m a big fan when they play the Yankees.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Toronto up 8-1, hate rooting for the Jays. They blew a 5 run lead last night and got destroyed. No matter the results, the Yankees pitching has regressed badly.

The last three runs scored on a double by Guerrero, who smacked a pitch down the LF line that couln't have been more than a foot off the ground. 

Alejandro Kirk drove in a run earlier. I was disappointed to see that Kirk's image on Gameday is the same as every other RHed hitter's -- thought they might have a special one for him. 😉

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

The last three runs scored on a double by Guerrero, who smacked a pitch down the LF line that couln't have been more than a foot off the ground. 

Alejandro Kirk drove in a run earlier. I was disappointed to see that Kirk's image on Gameday is the same as every other RHed hitter's -- thought they might have a special one for him. 😉

I'll check the 3D view if he bats again lol.

39 minutes ago, Malike said:

There wasn't a 5 run lead. They were up 3-1 before giving up a 6 spot in the 6th.