7/3 vs Mariners

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Povich and Suarez have a high chance of hitting a wall at some point, and there is always the risk of injury to anyone at any time. I think we need a starter no matter how the current group is doing. 

Plus Grayson might need to rest his arm for a couple starts in the second half pitching in his first full MLB season.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

I'm not really convinced by Povich and Suarez. Povich is too new and Suarez is too much of a veteran - both of them have the potential to be flukes and fall apart. The top 3 are more known quantities and more likely to be good if they stay healthy.

Then again, SP health has been a major issue this year, so I'd still go get a starter. Who's to say Povich doesn't have a great season but needs Tommy John before the end of the season? We can never have too many SP.

I don’t mind them picking up a rental starter for lower prospect.  I don’t think they need to go out and give up too much for a top 3 starter.  

4 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I will say it out loud.  Burnes, Grod, Kremer, Povich, and Suarez can be a decent rotation the rest of the way.  Get me two more bullpen arms and this team can compete in the post season with anyone.  

I think they are fine for a regular season rotation and we can win the division with them.

The question is, are the top 3 and occasionally 4 going to be as good as the guys they are facing in a playoff series in October.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Plus Grayson might need to rest his arm for a couple starts in the second half pitching in his first full MLB season.

He pitched 163 innings combined last year. He should be okay.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Where would this bullpen be without Jacob Webb? I just hope he has enough in him to continue to be effective through November.

We are definitely going to need reinforcements by the trade deadline because I dread to think what would happen if the bullpen suffered another injury. We need a guy like Jacob Webb to be healthy.

Our biggest threat to winning the division, and our biggest potential cause of losing early in the playoffs, is pitching injuries (SP and relievers, both). The second biggest cause is bullpen fatigue and a decline in effectiveness. Just my opinions.

Therefore, buying pitching at the deadline will be very important.

2 minutes ago, iiiput said:

Are any players requesting to use any of our Bullpen guys for the HR derby? 

I know you just said this as a joke, but you made me look it up.  The O’s bullpen has allowed the third fewest homers in MLB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Three Run Homer said:

I always liked the Expos logo, but I always thought it spelled "Expos Lousy Baseball".  

1200px-Montreal_Expos_Logo.svg.png

This is the team I miss the most. Montreal is 3 hours north of me and I used to go to games up there all the time. Best seats in the house for 8 bucks.

Just now, allquixotic said:

Our biggest threat to winning the division, and our biggest potential cause of losing early in the playoffs, is pitching injuries (SP and relievers, both). The second biggest cause is bullpen fatigue and a decline in effectiveness. Just my opinions.

Therefore, buying pitching at the deadline will be very important.

I fully agree with your opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I know you just said this as a joke, but you made me look it up.  The O’s bullpen has allowed the third fewest homers in MLB.

Frobby you are always letting facts get in the way of a good story!