Challenge Trade in the Offseason

baltfan

Challenge Trade in the Offseason  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Coby Mayo for Jackson Jobe in the offseason?

• I wouldn’t do Mayo but would do Basallo
    • I wouldn’t do Mayo but would do Holliday
    • I would trade any of the big 3 for Jobe
    • Sign me up to trade Mayo
    • No deal

I think people believe the Tigers are further away from being good than they really are. They aren't getting rid of pitching, it's a huge strength. If they add two bats this off-season, they are going to be a playoff contender. It's almost like people think they need a full rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think people believe the Tigers are further away from being good than they really are. They aren't getting rid of pitching, it's a huge strength. If they add two bats this off-season, they are going to be a playoff contender. It's almost like people think they need a full rebuild.

Actually their record is better than I thought it was.  Still, they may need a 15-20 game improvement. Possible for next year but 2026 is more likely.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Actually their record is better than I thought it was.  Still, they may need a 15-20 game improvement. Possible for next year but 2026 is more likely.

Yeah, I mean they have issues at some positions but 95% of all teams do. But they could flip Flaherty for a bat and grab a couple in the off-season and I think they are a legit WC contender with the pitching they have.

37 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yeah, I mean they have issues at some positions but 95% of all teams do. But they could flip Flaherty for a bat and grab a couple in the off-season and I think they are a legit WC contender with the pitching they have.

I’ll take the other side of this. I see fools gold with the Tigers. Not enough track record with any of their players. Jobe definitely looks to be the real deal though.

5 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I’ll take the other side of this. I see fools gold with the Tigers. Not enough track record with any of their players. Jobe definitely looks to be the real deal though.

They have holes at SS, 1B and 3B. They are above league average in OPS+ in every other position but DH at 95 OPS+.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

They have holes at SS, 1B and 3B. They are above league average in OPS+ in every other position but DH at 95 OPS+.

If you are taking players with under 200 AB. How many Tigers would start for the 2024 Orioles. Greene that’s it. Maybe a backup catcher.

Just now, Rbiggs2525 said:

If you are taking players with under 200 AB. How many Tigers would start for the 2024 Orioles. Greene that’s it. Maybe a backup catcher.

Okay, so they are young. They have a lot of talent, I can tell you don't watch them play much. So our top 100 guys are all going to hit and theirs are going to bust huh? Interesting.

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

Okay, so they are young. They have a lot of talent, I can tell you don't watch them play much. So our top 100 guys are all going to hit and theirs are going to bust huh? Interesting.

I never said that. To be a World Series contender you have to have elite hitting pieces. They don’t have that in my perspective and they are almost impossible to acquire. Yankees were lucky to get Soto, Texas was pretty lucky to get Seager. I also think sometime inflated pitching numbers can mask real issues. Am I a Flaherty hater no, but I think he’s somewhere between the pitcher this year and last 4 years.

9 hours ago, Malike said:

Look how quickly the Royals turned it around with good pitching.  When you have pitching, it doesn't take much hitting.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Look how quickly the Royals turned it around with good pitching.  When you have pitching, it doesn't take much hitting.

I would say the same thing about them. I personally think all of their starting staff is over performing this year. So with an injury or two and some regression you are stuck with a team with Witt Jr and a couple good hitters. Look at the Rays last year. They had the best pitching staff in baseball until McClanahan got hurt. This year they are 21st in baseball. 

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I would say the same thing about them. I personally think all of their starting staff is over performing this year. So with an injury or two and some regression you are stuck with a team with Witt Jr and a couple good hitters. Look at the Rays last year. They had the best pitching staff in baseball until McClanahan got hurt. This year they are 21st in baseball. 

I think Ragans is legit, but I agree otherwise.