As bad as we are(and right now we ARE bad)...look at The Yankees.

Orioles are 13-17 in the last 30 games. Lousy. No doubt about it, and theres problems everywhere. But look at the Yankees. 8-17  in the last 25, and were swept in the Subway series vs. Mets for the first time in 11 years. Also The Red Sox were crushed tonight 20-7 to the Rockies. It's not good to compare your team to other struggling teams, but it's a little solace for the way we've been playing. At the rate we are going, you cant even count on Burnes to beat the Marlins tomorrow....we've been that bad.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Orioles are 13-17 in the last 30 games. Lousy. No doubt about it, and theres problems everywhere. But look at the Yankees. 8-17  in the last 25, and were swept in the Subway series vs. Mets for the first time in 11 years. Also The Red Sox were crushed tonight 20-7 to the Rockies. It's not good to compare your team to other struggling teams, but it's a little solace for the way we've been playing. At the rate we are going, you cant even count on Burnes to beat the Marlins tomorrow....we've been that bad.

The Orioles are struggling right now for the past month . I don’t know how or why they’re playing poorly but I do know it’s a long season.  Perhaps the position players might need days off .

Boone spewing the same nonsense he’s been saying for years yet at the same time it’s not like he has some magic words to turn a bunch of .650 ops hitters into “savages in the box”.

I’m glad they keep him and Cash around; at least for now cause the heat has to finally be on.

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

This isn’t making me feel better. 

Both Boston and Tamp have played well over their last 30 games while the Orioles and Yankees have been pretty bad. 

image.thumb.png.a585b0c6a2961870c795c4066780258f.png

Both the Orioles and Yankees are flawed teams but they both have some talent struggling right now too. Both will make the playoffs, but yeah, it has not been good for either for more than a few weeks.

Today feels like an inflection point. Win and we salvage a 3-3 road trip that despite being disappointing wouldn’t be the end of the world. And would have a 2 game lead somehow. Lose and the wheels could really fall off. Padres will be no easy task regardless of today but they have been heating up and will certainly be able to score some runs against our pitching. We have to get the bats going starting today.

4 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

We are very fortunate right now the yanks are a complete disaster. They led 7-4 after Judge hit the longest home run I’ve seen at Fenway and manage to lose 9-7.

Craig Holmes and Clay Kimbrel are killing both the Yankees and the Orioles.

• Haha 1

Just to broaden the view a bit further (from our 4-6 record last 10 games), the recent play of some other contenders is also uninspiring: 

NYY 4-6
BOS 4-6
CLE 5-5
SEA 2-8
PHL 3-7
ATL 3-7
MIL 5-5

Win a few, lose a few: It happens. It's baseball.

(That said, let's go get us a real closer, and add Mayo's bat to the mix!)

Some perspective... Other teams that are 4-6 over their last 10 games:

Yankees, 2nd in the East.

Red Sox, 3rd in the East and one of the hottest teams in MLB.

Guardians, 1st in the Central.

Twins, 2nd in the Central, virtual lock for the playoffs.

Mariners (2-8), 2nd in the AL West, contender.

Phillies, 1st in the NL East, best record in baseball.

Braves (3-7), 2nd in the NL East, should make the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, now said:

Just to broaden the view a bit further (from our 4-6 record last 10 games), the recent play of some other contenders is also uninspiring: 

NYY 4-6
BOS 4-6
CLE 5-5
SEA 2-8
PHL 3-7
ATL 3-7
MIL 5-5

Win a few, lose a few: It happens. It's baseball.

(That said, let's go get us a real closer, and add Mayo's bat to the mix!)

Woops, you beat me to it, I just made the same point., lol.

• Upvote 1