July 27th vs. San Diego

nevadaO

If I am Rubenstein I make it clear to Elias and Hyde. One more lack of effort display from the players mean they are gone.  Embarrassing.  Little League teams play harder.

• Haha 3

Irvin has clearly hit a wall. He needs to “injure” his calf or hammy on the walk home and land on the IL for a while. Position players need to burn every bat in the clubhouse in some ritualistic fire. And by god, some make Adley hook up with a slumpbuster.

I just turned the game off. I can't watch.

It's a beautiful day outside and I'm starting to care too much!

Hope to see Gunnar and Adley get a day off.. a team meeting, and the veteran log-jam cleared out within the next couple of days.

P. S. Go O's.

Well, this is a complete shit show. It ain't over, but it isn't looking good.

Can't always post in game, but after watching while cleaning the pool and getting other yard stuff ready for tomorrow, I finally got a sec to have a beer and sit down.  Our DEF is terrible right now.  We're chasing pitches and getting some borderline strike calls to put us on our heals early, additionally, and the relief pitching is putting the last nails in the coffin.  It's not often that a team misfires on all fronts, but that is certainly us right now.  Even lady luck with the two runs early on the E.  Terrible.  We need a MOJO reset...

Maybe the best thing for this team right now is to drop out of 1st place. The media all over has been hyping this team all year and they are feeling the pressure, maybe they'll loosen up and start to have fun again if they don't feel like they need to hold onto the division. Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Look none of this is Hyde’s fault.  But he is in the chair and has to figure this out.  Hold players accountable.    Bench Gunnar and Adley tomorrow.  This team is sleep walking. 

Beg your pardon, but this is Hyde’s fault. He makes the decisions, he ignores trends in favor of history and matchups, he refuses to sit guys who are slumping, he insists on bringing Kimbrel in to fail again a day after he threw 28 pitches and failed, he’s the guy not addressing fundamentals with his coaching staff. 
 He may or may not be yelling at GH about his sloppy play, but GH sure doesn’t GAF, because his sloppy play has been going on for quite a while.

Hyde’s not making the plays, but he is the guy not dealing with issues that have been significant for much of the season. It’s his job to address them. 
When the entire team is slumping the same way, bad pitching from everyone, bad hitting from everyone, bad baserunning, bad defense, and for a stretch of several weeks, it’s on the manager and coaching staff.

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

That error is 100% on GH.  Urias just had to move back 10 feet or so from his position to make an easy play.

He called him off.  I heard him sitting 2 rows behind the Padres dugout.  He also waived his hands.  That was 100% on Urias.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, coe76 said:

If I am Rubenstein I make it clear to Elias and Hyde. One more lack of effort display from the players mean they are gone.  Embarrassing.  Little League teams play harder.

Rubinstein doing this would concern me far more than the team’s play right now.

• Upvote 1

The Orioles problems started the same time the 403 errors began on this site.  Solve those and the Orioles will be fine.  That is my theory and I think it is as good as any put forth in today’s game thread.

• Haha 1

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

I grabbed a shower only to come back and see Irvin crapped the bed.

There's not a lot to be excited about at the moment. 

I'll reserve judgment until Tuesday evening.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Maybe the best thing for this team right now is to drop out of 1st place. The media all over has been hyping this team all year and they are feeling the pressure, maybe they'll loosen up and start to have fun again if they don't feel like they need to hold onto the division. Just a thought.

If that happens the Sox and Yankees players and fans will make it insufferable for us we don’t need to add to omisery.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CynBeth said:

If that happens the Sox and Yankees players and fans will make it insufferable for us we don’t need to add to omisery.

They would still hold the WC spot, who cares what Sox or Yankees fans think? I live in NY and all of my friends are Yankee fans, they couldn't give me misery if they tried.