Zach Eflin 2024

Sanfran327

52 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

We would be up a creek without a paddle if we didn’t have him. Always liked him. This was hopefully a great acquisition.

Eflin might save the season with who knows how long Grayson is on the IL. If Grayson comes back and pitches effectively the Orioles will have three good starting pitchers going into the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Watching Eflin pitch last night reminds me of how a mature, playoff-caliber, veteran pitcher is supposed to look like.

The fact that the Orioles have him next year too is fantastic, but with Grayson going down, his presence in the rotation is huge. Basically we'll go into the playoffs with Burnes and Eflin at the top of the rotation giving the team two very good shots to win. After that we need one of Kremer, Suarez or Rogers to step up significantly.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Watching Eflin pitch last night reminds me of how a mature, playoff-caliber, veteran pitcher is supposed to look like.

The fact that the Orioles have him next year too is fantastic, but with Grayson going down, his presence in the rotation is huge. Basically we'll go into the playoffs with Burnes and Eflin at the top of the rotation giving the team two very good shots to win. After that we need one of Kremer, Suarez or Rogers to step up significantly.

He looked really good. Love the command. I was really impressed with his demeanor in the postgame interview as well. Seemed like exactly the type of guy we would want in the clubhouse at this time of year.

44 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

When Eflin and Burnes pitch it really is like there is an adult in the room. 

Makes me even more disappointed in Kremer honestly. He has to find a way to step it up. 

14 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I guess Opening Day 2025 got settled these last few days, huh?

Depends if Rubenstein wants to pay with the big boys and keep Burnes. Burnes is his first test as owner. But yeah, a 1-2 of Burnes and Eflin would look pretty good in the playoffs this year and the 1st two games of next season and beyond.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Depends if Rubenstein wants to pay with the big boys and keep Burnes. Burnes is his first test as owner. But yeah, a 1-2 of Burnes and Eflin would look pretty good in the playoffs this year and the 1st two games of next season and beyond.

Or, if the Tigers wise up and trade Skubal in the off-season.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don’t think the decision is Burnes or nothing.  There are other guys we could acquire who might compete for the no. 1 spot.  Don’t ask me who - if l’ll worry about that in November, not now.  

59 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/35/95/3f3595b0b579c5107838510715e1daea.gif

I'm ashamed that I'm dyslexic when typing or saying his name.  Great addition.

I have dyslexic moments with is name as well.  I never used to have it but over the last few years I notice that I tend to reverse numbers a lot and sometimes letters.

• Upvote 1