Jimenez, Rogers and Slater activated, Soto recalled. Kjerstad and Akin optioned, Pache DFA'd, Westburg to IL

MurphDogg

4 hours ago, ChuckS said:

It's gotta make your blood boil a little knowing that we are demoting a top 30 prospect who was hitting well in the majors for Eloy Jimenez. 

I am thankful we designated Pache. 

Well he was like 2 for 18 since getting hit in the helmet.

Edited by Roll Tide

I am not a fan of really any of these moves other than the trade for Eflin and SerAnthony.

Every other move imo was completely unnecessary and was basically just a change of chess pieces for other chess pieces with no real plan.  And probably weakened us overall.

30 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Well he was like 2 for 18 since getting hit in the helmet.

Yeah he looked bad.  He always kind of has a blank stare on his face, which I find sort of odd but endearing, but after he got hit he looks drunk all of the time.  Eyes weird.  Mouth open.

Stunned.  He has no confidence.  Looks scared. 

The best thing that could have happened is to get sent back down and do a long reset.  Because right now he is donezo. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am not a fan of really any of these moves other than the trade for Eflin and SerAnthony.

Apparently you are also a fan of sending Silent Jay down.  Anything else you want to rethink?

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I get the dig, but at least Kjerstad was given a chance..Coby hasn't  had that luxury...

Mayo is basically the only one who hasn’t gotten a chance.   Do you think it’s personal?   Even you said he was supposed to come up within days if he hadn’t hurt his rib.   I assume that was good information.   So, they wanted to bring him up, fate intervened, and both timing and team fit haven’t been optimal since.   Why the outrage?

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Mayo is basically the only one who hasn’t gotten a chance.   Do you think it’s personal?   Even you said he was supposed to come up within days if he hadn’t hurt his rib.   I assume that was good information.   So, they wanted to bring him up, fate intervened, and both timing and team fit haven’t been optimal since.   Why the outrage?

I don't think it's ever personal with Elias.

Not even that spot start for Hall years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Outrage is a little strong. Id call it disappointment.. for Coby and on behalf of the fans who want to see what we have .These other guys are probably not part of our future.I think Coby may well be. We wont know until he can show what he has.

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Outrage is a little strong. Id call it disappointment.. for Coby and on behalf of the fans who want to see what we have .These other guys are probably not part of our future.I think Coby may well be. We wont know until he can show what he has.

Ok.  Let me ask you this.  Do you think the main driving force behind him not being called up is to preserve his rookie status for next year?   If so how do you correlate that with your information that he was within days of a call up when he hurt the rib?

Edited by RZNJ

18 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

That is my biggest contention about all of these "moves".  How many of these guys that were traded for  are part of the Os long term future?

Maybe Eflin?  Maybe Ser Anthony?  Maybe?  Who else?  And are the players that we traded for any better than the guys that we traded away?

I just don't see it. 

Again....to me this was all a distraction game.  Elias couldn't find it in him to DO THE BIG DEAL.  So he went for quantity over quality.

Remember the Sopranos scene where Junior said that "he just couldn't sell it"? 

That is what this reminds me of.   Mayo should have been called up.  Sato and whomever else is blocking him now should not even be on the team.  But he is afraid to pull the trigger.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

As I said with all of these 'moves' like with Rogers.  It was a bunch of back and forth, mix and match, complete nothingness.

All that happened was we gave up a lot of younger guys who could help us.  For guys that most likely will all be gone by the end of the year.

Elias is a really good scout for rounds 1 to 3?  Besides that?  Including trades?  He is not good.  Very average at best.