8/10 @ Tampa Bay (Game is on Fox tonight)

4 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Burnes has had a great season, but his last five or six starts haven't been amazing overall. He didn't get much help this inning from the defense, but he also has been leaving pitches in the zone a lot too. 

He gets good size leads and blows them quite frequently.  He is a really good pitcher, but he isn’t Garret Cole type of dominant.  Still an ace

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Well, all of the base runners are on Burnes and would have scored regardless. Ugly inning though

Not if Urias makes the play on the grounder.  They didn’t Give him error but play he should/could have made.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, casadeozo said:

I’d imagine it’s having Mullins in the lineup inexplicably despite his numbers against LHP, killing any chance of add on runs. Add to that Urias being in the game for a second straight game and booting a pretty routine groundball transfer. 

But the starter was RH.

Just now, casadeozo said:

I’d imagine it’s having Mullins in the lineup inexplicably despite his numbers against LHP, killing any chance of add on runs. Add to that Urias being in the game for a second straight game and booting a pretty routine groundball transfer. 

So would rather have O’Hearn who can’t hit lefties playing the OF? Don’t think he wants Santander playing the field for 3 turf games.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Slater is here to play vs LHP. That’s why they brought him in. Not to play vs RHP and bench a lefty hitter 

Hyde knew that Rays were going with LHP after Rasmussen was effectively just an “opener” in his recovery from TJ.

3 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

What’s the point of paying any of these SP’s big money anymore? None of them are really worth it. Go with 4-5 marginal guys and build up your bullpen and other players.

I was just talking about that other day with someone.  There are very few dominant aces.  Burnes is really good but I feel he gonna go 6 inning and give up 2 runs or so.  Few years back you would get up 4-0 with ace he was gonna mow them down and get you 7-8 innings.