Elias missed not picking up Jorge Lopez

LookitsPuck

21 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Last year he was pitching poorly. He had a 5.09 ERA with the Twins and a 9.26 ERA with the Marlins when Elias picked him up.

This year he had a 3.76 ERA with the Mets. And the O’s bullpen wasn’t as deep as 2023.

Keep making those bad faith analogies.

Then how come hes not with the Mets?

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yup. I remember seeing that his son is on some transplant list. Maybe that’s why Baltimore worked for him because of the children’s hospitals in the DMV. That’s why Surhoff wanted to stay. 

There’s a difference in “hot head” level from throwing your glove in the stands, versus what Delmon Young/Duran said. Heck, our dream boy Mason Miller broke his finger punching a table. 

Yeah , that’s one positive thing about Baltimore , we have several world renowned hospitals like Hopkins , UMD , Mercy, Kennedy Krieger , etc , etc . 
Speaking of Surhoff , he’s now citizen of Baltimore, I have a friend who is his lawn mowing contractor . His wife is from here too . I haven’t heard updates about their child , I pray he/she is healthy and happy . 
As for Lopez , there’s no excuse for throwing a glove in the stands . But reading about his son has FMD disease & transplant list , I can’t imagine the stress Lopez is feeling.  I’m a father too so it’s real and put things into perspective .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Safelykept said:

How do we know the O's did not offer a minor league contract?

I have no idea. I was responding to a comment suggesting the Cubs picked him up on waivers. He passed through waivers and was signed to a minor league deal. I suspect that he lack of options was why he passed through waivers. I suspect nobody wanted to immediately put him on their MLB roster because, frankly, he was acting nuts.