Eflin on the injured list….

Br10n

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So why would the cosmic concept of Karma favor them?

Their fame started with Babe Ruth, they got him for money from the Red Sox, a lot a players feel special to put on their uniform.  There's a movie pride of the Yankees. They are the most famous team in all sports.  People in the UK wear a Yankee cap.

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Their fame started with Babe Ruth, they got him for money from the Red Sox, a lot a players feel special to put on their uniform.  There's a movie pride of the Yankees. They are the most famous team in all sports.  People in the UK wear a Yankee cap.

And why would karma care?

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Our IL rotation is pretty solid..GRod, Bradish, Eflin, Means and Wells.

Yeah, with Webb, Coulombe, and Bautista for the 7th/8th/9th.

If all those 8 guys were 100% healthy, even if they were all we had, no Burnes or anyone else on the staff, we might be still in the top half of the 12 teams going into the postseason based on the Top 8 Pitchers who would probably pitch 95+% of a team's competitive innings in the postseason.

I keep thinking just hold on a little longer til we get healthy.  In June I said just get to the break in the hunt and with Kremer coming back in form it will help.  Then it was ok let’s get to the deadline and we can add some reinforcements to help the rotations.  We traded for Eflin and I was excited about 3 days because we had a solid top 3.  Then GRod goes down right after and it was ok back to two guys in rotation.  They said GRod was not as bad as originally thought over weekend and again 3 days later we lose Eflin.  We are not getting healthier as time goes.  

At some point you have to wonder if it’s the training or coaching that is causing these pitchers to drop like flies. They’ve been absolutely demolished by injury - with a ridiculous number of TJ surgeries. 

Someone needs to figure out what we’re doing wrong with player coaching/development/training and Stop Doing That. I don’t care if their ERAs go up. I’d rather have a healthy team with a higher ERA than losing a pitcher every 3-6 weeks to TJ. This is madness.

3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

At some point you have to wonder if it’s the training or coaching that is causing these pitchers to drop like flies. They’ve been absolutely demolished by injury - with a ridiculous number of TJ surgeries. 

Someone needs to figure out what we’re doing wrong with player coaching/development/training and Stop Doing That. I don’t care if their ERAs go up. I’d rather have a healthy team with a higher ERA than losing a pitcher every 3-6 weeks to TJ. This is madness.

Rays passed along data to the Orioles along with Eflin and some subliminal injury messaging.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Is Spenser Watkins available?  Not joking. 

At this point I'd take Stevie Wilkerson.  Surely he can be conditioned to throw that weird mutated eephus quasi-knuckleball thing 90 times every five days.