8/22 vs HOUSTON

eddie83

I really think Mike Elias decided that offense was the most important thing and drafted for offense. He didn’t pay enough attention to pitching or to defense, and, Cowser and Westburg excepted, none of our recent callups are anything but negative with the gloves.

The problem of being bad on defense is when you’re also bad on offense.

Edited by HowAboutThat

This team has been able to hang on for dear life for the past two months of very sloppy baseball and injuries, but any day now a long losing streak might strike and put them out of the playoffs. To be honest, I am surprised it hasn't happened yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe the fans will start doing the wave. Perhaps that gets them going.  

Funny; I've noticed all year when I go to the games that the wave ALWAYS starts in the 8th inning. Never seen it start any earlier. If the loud cheering had any impact, I'd be doing my damndest to make my section start the wave in the bottom of the first!

2 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

No problem. I’d rather put Austin slater out there than watch Mullins anymore. I know he’s everybody favorite Oriole but he is one of the worst hitters in the mlb. 

This hasn’t been true for the last 2.5 months. He has a .799 OPS in that time period and is 27% above league average offensively. He isn’t even one of the worst hitters on the team for that time period. For example, Mountcastle and Rutschman have both been worse than Mullins since June 1.

I’d like to know why the Orioles cannot turn double plays. Is this a coaching thing? Is this the players? I’d assume they are very low in the league at turning double plays.

Edited by Spakman