8/28 at LA Dodgers

WillyM

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

For those saying he's "great" but not lately. No, great don't absolutely suck after the trade deadline. Great doesn't cough up leads his offense gives him. Great doesn't pitch to 8+ ERA over a 6 start stretch.

Burnes was very good earlier in the year, but when the pressure started to rise, he's absolutely wilted. I can't say he doesn't have the heart, because I don't think it's that, It's just some guys don't pitch well under the pressure of having to be "the guy" or when a team is in a pennant race.

No way I'm giving him the money he'll want after this stretch. True Ace's don't do this.

He carried them to the playoffs in 2021 when he won the Cy young with ERA under 2 after the all star break then threw a gem in the playoffs.  He was great down the stretch last season to help them get into the playoffs.  Were those games to important or pressure situations?   

Just now, bpilktree67 said:

He carried them to the playoffs in 2021 when he won the Cy young with ERA under 2 after the all star break then threw a gem in the playoffs.  He was great down the stretch last season to help them get into the playoffs.  Were those games to important or pressure situations?   

How was his start in last year's playoffs? 

Brewers had several others good starters last year so he probably didn't feel the pressure like he's doing with the Orioles. 

The guy just can't handle pressure. He's proving it every time he goes out there right now. The stuff can still be very good, but he makes way too many mistakes and holds runners like an A-ball pitcher.