9/8 Roku Rubber Match vs. Rays

ShoelesJoe

5 minutes ago, terpoh said:

To be honest, hes only had a handful of truly "dominant" starts. Even his 6 inning, 2 run outings he seemed to be in trouble with guys on base and lots of pitches. Zero starts with 0 earned runs is crazy. Maybe this has cut his salary cost down and we can bring him back at a discounted rate now. 

I think his inabilty to control the running game could affect his value but it's always supply/demand.

You learn a lot of interesting things when you listen to the oppositions radio broadcast, because the guys we have aren’t very good.
They pointed out that Burnes’ lack of interest in the running game changes where the outfielders have to play.

With Burnes, a single is as good as a double, and a man on second forces the outfielders to change position.

I don’t remember whether it forces them to come in or go out, but it handicaps their placement.

I don’t know why Burnes is so apathetic about running, but the Rays radio guys mentioned that it’s a real problem.

4 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

I know Melanie's age but I am dissapointed in her knowleddge of Orioles history-

"Give that fan a contract" was not a Savannah Banana refernce.  That's embarassing.

It goes back to Charlie Brown.

Don’t you remember when Charlie Brown went to see Lucy and was talking about one of his fantasies about making a fantastic catch of a foul ball and the manager says, “give that kid a contract!”?

• Thanks 1