9/8 Roku Rubber Match vs. Rays

ShoelesJoe

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I agree, and to me it is a knock on the Orioles. Elias has created, intentionally or not, a general sense that he and his staff have some unidentified, proprietary strengths in judging and developing talent, and in getting more out of hitters and pitchers than other teams were capable of. A lot of people seemed convinced that Elias and Sig had some unique talent for building, improving and maintaining a baseball team.

I suspected than, and I am convinced now, that it's a fiction. Yes, the Orioles have made enormous progress since Peter Angelos kept them in the Dark Ages of analysis and development. But most other teams have made large strides as well. If the Orioles are doing anything unique or superior to the rest of MLB, it's not showing in the team's performance. 

Best record in the AL last year;  a half game off the best record in the AL this year?

Yeah, I don't see any evidence in this team's performance that Elias knows what he is doing.

How many front office teams do you think could have taken over the Orioles where they were in 2018 and put up the results that Elias has?   Probably some, but not many.

Yes, we are in a prolonged slump now.   But those early games when we were absolutely domninating the league still count, you know.   And our overall record is still pretty darn good.

Just now, baltfan said:

She is absolutely the worst play by play person I have ever heard. What she describes is frequently what isn’t happening. 

Well the very descriptive "skyball" is not good enough for you? I mean it could be a foul straight back, a pop up, a 400 ft home run. All you have to do is wait for the crowd to tell you if you are listening to her on radio.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Mayo might be ready to contribute, but it's hard to give him playing time when he's blocked by big-time stars like Rivera and Maton.

They really must think he is awful in the field.  Isn’t like the others can hit. 

The most surprising thing about this collapse is that the coaching staff hasn’t changed. Yet the Orioles are embarrassingly bad in every aspect of the game.
We’ve lost a lot of good players to injuries, yes, but the ones who remain, are generally pretty terrible.

And the guys we’ve added have generally been mediocre(Eflin aside)