Other teams playoffs game thread

Just Regular

Nestor made the Yankees roster.

Dodgers are not taking Evan Phillips due to either fatigue or a NLCS Game 6 injury.

Kiermaier has also missed the Dodgers roster, which I believe marks the end of his playing career.   He will be a very interested onlooker waiting to see if he "gets a ring" in his career.

Edited by Just Regular

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I wonder if the calculus letting Flaherty try that 6th inning would have been different if Evan Phillips was available.

Former Orioles stuff all over Game 1.

I knew you were going to be right on top of this exact same thought process. 

The Dodgers know better than that. They tried to get greedy and steal another inning out of Flaherty because they feel a little exposed without Phillips. Just ignored what they know the right move was, and what they’ve been doing so well all postseason.

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I knew you were going to be right on top of this exact same thought process. 

The Dodgers know better than that. They tried to get greedy and steal another inning out of Flaherty because they feel a little exposed without Phillips. Just ignored what they know the right move was, and what they’ve been doing so well all postseason.

I guess Ryan Brasier is the replacement 6th inning guy, but with all the rest it might have been worth the attempt to pull 4 innings from the Hudson, Kopech, Treinen trio at the end, or even have Vesia/Banda go against the bottom of order lefties in the 7th if Roberts felt it important to keep his A relievers to single inning outings early in the series.

Gerrit got his 3rd time through top of lineup done, but I expect that more of him up on the Burnes tier of pitcher.    Flaherty should have got the Eflin hook.

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Luis Gil or the bullpen B unit if the game goes long?    Weaver probably has the 9th, but that is probably the limit for the Kahnle-Holmes-Weaver A unit.

Dodgers walk-off coming in in the bottom of the ninth.