Trade proposal...

Cuellar35

I saw a report that a potential trade could be made.  The proposal :

White Sox trade Luis Robert

Orioles trade Bradfield Jr, Nunez and Fabian.

What does the board think?  Personally i vote yes.

Edited by Cuellar35

This is a scouting thing.

Robert was bad last year. Why?  Was it because he played for Chicago, was it because he’s lazy or something else?

If the Os determine that he just needs to get out of there and it’s a pretty easy fix, I do this deal.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Robert was bad last year. Why?  Was it because he played for Chicago, was it because he’s lazy or something else?

If the Os determine that he just needs to get out of there and it’s a pretty easy fix, I do this deal.

No scouting eye for me on this one, but we thought the whole playing for CWS thing, and if we could fix a former All star, would work with Eloy.  It didn't.  I could see this trade happening though.  I don't think I'd be upset about it.  He has two team options if he performs well.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

No scouting eye for me on this one, but we thought the whole playing for CWS thing, and if we could fix a former All star, would work with Eloy.  It didn't.  I could see this trade happening though.  I don't think I'd be upset about it.  He has two team options if he performs well.  

There is no comp between Eloy’s situation and Robert’s.

• Upvote 1

Mullins dropped 30 OPS+ from his career high and settled into a 100-105ish OPS+ guy. 

Robert Jr. dropped 40 OPS+ from 2023 (130 to 87). The question is, did he pull a Mullins and find his new OPS+ home, or is he going to rebound at all? And if he rebounds, it's likely to be around where Mullins is anyway. 

And why would we trade a nice prospect like EBJ to find out the answer? I've also seen him completely dog it on defense. 

Pass. 

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Also have to be concerned that he misses so much time. Are all the injuries catching up to his performance on the field ?

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There is no comp between Eloy’s situation and Robert’s.

I'll have to go with that as I didn't pay much attention to the CWS this year.  Are those ages correct though?  Maybe with more strict PED testing the 3-4 years that could be shaved off previously is more clear now?  Maybe Robert is closer to 30 and Eloy is 34? Just one possible explanation.  

Even with all that said, I wouldn't be against the trade.  He checks a lot of the boxes that we need in a 4th OF.  He could rotate in with the lefties, or maybe Kjerstad just flat out replace O'Hearn this year.  

I saw this on some Sporting News blurb this morning. My first reaction was no...after a little more time,  it's still no.

Roberts certainly has a plenty of talent but between the injuries and lack of production it just doesn't make any sense from the O's perspective. That 2023 season was pretty special though. 

I don't think the White Sox trade Roberts at all this offseason, simply because they'd be selling very very low. They likely roll the dice and hope that Roberts reestablishes his value before they try and ship him off. Sure he could be 2024 bad again in 2025 and at this point his value is almost nothing, but if he's able to reestablish himself he's bringing back the kind of haul that can skip a rebuild ahead a couple years. 

Just now, Tryptamine said:

I don't think the White Sox trade Roberts at all this offseason, simply because they'd be selling very very low. They likely roll the dice and hope that Roberts reestablishes his value before they try and ship him off. Sure he could be 2024 bad again in 2025 and at this point his value is almost nothing, but if he's able to reestablish himself he's bringing back the kind of haul that can skip a rebuild ahead a couple years. 

They have said they want to lower payroll. If that’s true, not sure how else they do it.

Frequently injured, RHB in a park that plays poorly for RHB, and some attitude questions. He is owed $15M. If they paid his salary I might do it, otherwise I would offer a much lesser prospect package. He is interesting in that he could platoon with Cedric in CF while also picking up some AB's against RHP.

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They have said they want to lower payroll. If that’s true, not sure how else they do it.

Fedde is gone, there's a pretty good chance Crochet is gone, Max Stassi will get his 2025 $7M club option bought out for $500K and Moncada almost certainly have his 2025 club option for $25M bought out for $5M. That really leaves the White Sox with Benintendi and Roberts as the only ones making any kind of money on that roster and as god awful as an owner as Reinsdorf is, I really doubt he's trying to go full strip down to like a $50M payroll, though I'm sure they'd be thrilled if anyone was dumb enough to take Benintendi.