Snell and Fried

Orange

46 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Did anybody ever actually say that Elias is "infallible?"

Or is this just a bunch of beating a straw man into the ground?

Hyperbole.

Look it up.

We did have someone who suggested giving him the biggest contact ever for an executive.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hyperbole.

Look it up.

We did have someone who suggested giving him the biggest contact ever for an executive.

So it's "hyperbole" to constantly attribute a fake statement to unnamed opposition and then constantly attack the validity of the fake statement?

Maybe you should break out that dictionary for yourself b/c that's not hyperbole.

As far as Elias, he took a team that was historically awful, in a historically slanted competitive environment, and in a methodical way completely rebuilt the organization from the ground up and made it a cutting edge organization, which culminated in unprecedented success, all while dealing with a cash poor and unstable ownership group.

Yeah, he did a great job.  He did an amazing job.  And he should be compensated at the very highest level, both financially and in freedom to do his job as he sees fit.  And anyone who says differently is a bitter loser who doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Really ticks me off that Flaherty figured things out in Dodger blue. We sure could have used this type of pitching last year. 

Flaherty is doing well with Dodgers after the trade deadline from the Tigers  . Since he was traded and soon a FA , he does not require QO draft pick .  Should the Orioles pursue him or has the bridge burned down between them ?

10 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

Flaherty is doing well with Dodgers after the trade deadline from the Tigers  . Since he was traded and soon a FA , he does not require QO draft pick .  Should the Orioles pursue him or has the bridge burned down between them ?

IMO Flaherty is riskier than the big names available. He's going to cash in on a great year that came after a few meh years.  

• Upvote 2

On 10/25/2024 at 5:00 PM, Billy F-Face3 said:

He's always been around 100 RBIs per season, one of the few guys who could actually extend an At Bat and win during a tough battle with a pitcher, key hits, and if it wasn't for Santander then the Orioles would have lost several more games than they did. Santander's timely hits/home runs won them a few games.

You can Box Score Bobby his stat line, but there are some thing just pulling up the box score doesn't show you. He's been pretty under rated as a fielder in RF at Camden Yards too. It's obvious he knows the dimensions with the grounds crew garage better than any active player right now. He's certainly a much better fielder and hitter than Kjerstad is. Kjerstad could become just as good of a hitter but how long is that going to take, and how many runs will it cost the Orioles because he's not that good on defense?

Santander is terrible defensively. 

20 hours ago, Pickles said:

So it's "hyperbole" to constantly attribute a fake statement to unnamed opposition and then constantly attack the validity of the fake statement?

Maybe you should break out that dictionary for yourself b/c that's not hyperbole.

As far as Elias, he took a team that was historically awful, in a historically slanted competitive environment, and in a methodical way completely rebuilt the organization from the ground up and made it a cutting edge organization, which culminated in unprecedented success, all while dealing with a cash poor and unstable ownership group.

Yeah, he did a great job.  He did an amazing job.  And he should be compensated at the very highest level, both financially and in freedom to do his job as he sees fit.  And anyone who says differently is a bitter loser who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Hyperbole: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

If you thought I wasn't intentionally exaggerating when I used the word "infallible" I don't know what to tell you.

And yes, it's nonsense that Elias should, at this point, get more compensation than say, Andrew Friedman.  He's not earned that. 

You need to build and sustain before you reach that level, you need to finish.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hyperbole: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

If you thought I wasn't intentionally exaggerating when I used the word "infallible" I don't know what to tell you.

And yes, it's nonsense that Elias should, at this point, get more compensation than say, Andrew Friedman.  He's not earned that. 

You need to build and sustain before you reach that level, you need to finish.

How many World Series did Andrew Friedman win in Tampa before the Dodgers made him the highest paid executive in baseball?

Your reductionisim of success to "win the World Series" is laughable.  But it explains why you have such a negative outlook on everything.

The fact is, if you were a Dodgers fan, you'd being going insane b/c the Dodgers, with all their resources and advantages, have consistently underperformed in the playoffs under Friedman.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

How many World Series did Andrew Friedman win in Tampa before the Dodgers made him the highest paid executive in baseball?

Your reductionisim of success to "win the World Series" is laughable.  But it explains why you have such a negative outlook on everything.

The fact is, if you were a Dodgers fan, you'd being going insane b/c the Dodgers, with all their resources and advantages, have consistently underperformed in the playoffs under Friedman.

That's a false claim.

I will say that in order to be the most highly compensated exec, yea, checking off the box that says won a ring, would be a requirement in my book.

Right now Elias has proven to me that he can use a strategy that has since been eliminated to build a very strong farm system and promote RoY level players to the majors.

That's great.

That by itself is not enough for me to think he should be more highly compensated than his peers.

If he can keep the farm system churning out impact guys, if he can navigate the escalating salaries of his core, if he can keep supplementing the core, if he can, yes, have some success in the postseason, he might get to the point in which I think he deserves to be in the inner circle when it comes to compensation.

By no means do I think he's done a poor job, but I don't think he's shown to be an irreplaceable talent that deserves to have the current salary structure blown up over.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a false claim.

I will say that in order to be the most highly compensated exec, yea, checking off the box that says won a ring, would be a requirement in my book.

Right now Elias has proven to me that he can use a strategy that has since been eliminated to build a very strong farm system and promote RoY level players to the majors.

That's great.

That by itself is not enough for me to think he should be more highly compensated than his peers.

If he can keep the farm system churning out impact guys, if he can navigate the escalating salaries of his core, if he can keep supplementing the core, if he can, yes, have some success in the postseason, he might get to the point in which I think he deserves to be in the inner circle when it comes to compensation.

By no means do I think he's done a poor job, but I don't think he's shown to be an irreplaceable talent that deserves to have the current salary structure blown up over.

That's cool that that's your book and all bro, but the actual billionaires who own baseball teams clearly don't give a F about your book.

The Red Sox tried to poach Beane by making him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series.

The Dodgers did poach Friedman and made him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series.

And yes, if Elias was on the open market right now, someone would offer him the most money or real close to it and total control because of what he has achieved here, despite not having won a World Series.

And the Baltimore Orioles would be much worse off for it.

We should all hope and pray that Rubenstein appreciates what he has, and when the time comes, pays him at the top of the market to retain him.  Thankfully, from all public statements, that very well seems to be Rubenstein's intention.

Despite your book.

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That's cool that that's your book and all bro, but the actual billionaires who own baseball teams clearly don't give a F about your book.

The Red Sox tried to poach Beane by making him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series.

The Dodgers did poach Friedman and made him the highest paid executive in baseball without having won a World Series.

And yes, if Elias was on the open market right now, someone would offer him the most money or real close to it and total control because of what he has achieved here, despite not having won a World Series.

And the Baltimore Orioles would be much worse off for it.

We should all hope and pray that Rubenstein appreciates what he has, and when the time comes, pays him at the top of the market to retain him.  Thankfully, from all public statements, that very well seems to be Rubenstein's intention.

Despite your book.

I don't think that's accurate.

I think you are presenting something as fact that is actually simply your personal belief.  Pulling a Wildcard.

Astros didn't fall apart when he left.