4-17-09 Orioles at Red Sox

Rex Thunder

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would you take a cheap shot at Guthrie right now? Because Tony said he played awful? Way to jump on the bandwagon. Wow- jump on a guy who battled thru a tough night and was a simple groundball away from getting thru 5 with a 3 run lead. Tough guy.
Oooooooo. I forgot we should be happy with a pitcher who gives up 5 ER in less than 5 innings. The defense cost him the third out, so that *completely* excuses him for everything that follows. Now I get it.

Only 1 error

You distinguish good defense by the amount of errors made? I think this is what RShack meant by baseball knowledge here.

There have been a few plays missed by the defense tonight. And while they might not have gone down as errors, they were plays to be made that weren't and they cost us.

Another Javy Lopez.

This has to be a good omen.

Hey, it's Javy Lopez.

This Javier Lopez is my old high school spanish teacher's son. He subbed for my class one time and I got his autograph. Great guy.

that dunkin donuts commercial was GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Worst post.

Saying Guthrie turned in a terrible performance isn't the same thing as saying he's not a good pitcher. That said, he hasn't been a good pitcher tonight. Plenty of good pitchers turn in bad performances. Look at C.C. Sabathia's opener against us.

Hey, the guy is obviously not a bad pitcher.

I've been a huge Guthrie supporter since he showed up here. But like Tony said, he crapped the bed tonight.

As Rex said, the entire team has crapped the bed tonight. These kinds of games are just exhausting... and they're not sustainably winnable, which is going to be the story of this season, I'm afraid.

Archived