4/27 vs Texas

Big Mac

Because he is a veteran silly. You didn't learn anything from last year when he let Ramon and Jay do pretty much whatever they pleased? DT only calls out rookies.
What malarky. Ever hear the story of how Trembley handled Tejada when he didn't want to stretch with the team?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a totally baseless statement. You have zero idea what happens in the clubhouse. Zero.

No its not. I heard DT publicly call out younger players for baserunning errors last year and he said very, very little about the Jay's attitude and Ramon's effort level. There is no doubt DT has a double standard with his players.

Now it is true I don't know about the clubhouse, thats obvious, but I do think that his public comments give me a little bit more then 0 to base my opinon on.

I am really liking Andino. Not so much Wigginton.

Roster wise, I hope we keep Montanez as the 4th outfield since he's so hot off the bench and lose Freel. Drop Wigginton and bring up Salazar for 1st and 3rd backup. Yes, I know he could be off to a slow start, but this first pitch pop-out thing is becoming a very bad habit and shows extremely poor patience and judgement at the plate.

I am really liking Andino. Not so much Wigginton.

Roster wise, I hope we keep Montanez as the 4th outfield since he's so hot off the bench and lose Freel. Drop Wigginton and bring up Salazar for 1st and 3rd backup. Yes, I know he could be off to a slow start, but this first pitch pop-out thing is becoming a very bad habit and shows extremely poor patience and judgement at the plate.

No way should we drop Wigginton for Salazar.

Once Mora returns and Wigginton can play mostly against LHP, he will be much more effective.

No its not. I heard DT publicly call out younger players for baserunning errors last year and he said very, very little about the Jay's attitude and Ramon's effort level. There is no doubt DT has a double standard with his players.

Now it is true I don't know about the clubhouse, thats obvious, but I do think that his public comments give me a little bit more then 0 to base my opinon on.

I disagree. He points out mistakes when it's appropriate regardless of the player. Like any quality manager, he won't embarrass his guys in the press. It's handled behind closed doors.

Notice Payton and Hernandez are no longer with the team. That's how it was handled. It doesn't do anyone any good to blast a guy publicly, especially if you're trying to dump their contracts on somebody.

Not a double standard, just smart management.

Archived