In Yahoos article Jonhson and Cabrera Stats

eric0668

In this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Morning-Juice-Big-Unit-Cabrera-stand-up-count?urn=mlb,162765

what are the stats after K I looked up on a link from here and ESPN stats and could not find them fg, etc..

thanks

They are being funny, or so they think.

Since DCab and Johnson are so tall, they filled the rest of the line with basketball stats (field goal %, free throw percentage, rebounds, blocked shots, etc).

Just an attempt at humor on yahoo's part.

I watched a few innings of that game, and the Nationals' broadcasters were very critical of Cabrera. One of them said that Cabrera has been in the major leagues for six years and is still a thrower, not a pitcher(where have we heard that before?).

A Giants' broadcaster said that Cabrera loses focus when he pitches from the stretch, and that his problems are mental. With all the baserunners he lets on, you'd think Cabrera would be used to pitching from the stretch.

I watched a few innings of that game, and the Nationals' broadcasters were very critical of Cabrera. One of them said that Cabrera has been in the major leagues for six years and is still a thrower, not a pitcher(where have we heard that before?).

A Giants' broadcaster said that Cabrera loses focus when he pitches from the stretch, and that his problems are mental. With all the baserunners he lets on, you'd think Cabrera would be used to pitching from the stretch.

I can't express accurately just how happy I am that guy isn’t on the team anymore. I’d MUCH rather have Eaton than Cabrera.

Boy, I'm tired of the "thrower not a pitcher" cliche (nothing personal to you, panick, you're just reporting what you heard).

Bottom line is, he's not even a good thrower anymore. His fastball has lost some serious zip and his curveball doesn't break like it used to. Add in the fact that he has no command, and he's just a bad pitcher.

Rob Dibble on XM yesterday said that Cabrera was one of the bad contracts Jim Bowden signed, and that he didn't even have a 2008 scouting report on him when he did so. That's just amazing to me, if true.

Archived