More Morning Baseball Goodness!

DuffMan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else think that Matusz looks as though he's put on a lot of weight since last year? I remember seeing video of him last year and thinking he was on the lanky side. I saw him in ST and now in photo's he looks much heavier. Not really fat or out of shape but just a tad on the soft side.

The picture on Milb.com doesn't look like he has gained any weight. Which picture did you see that made you think that?

Well, after getting literally lost in the mountains, driving through streams and basically taking my new car 4-wheeling, the delay has concluded, the tarp is off the field and we're ready for baseball in front of sunny skies blinding me from seeing my laptop here at Harry Grove Stadium.

Matusz gave up a homer to Heyward and then a double right after.

Both hits were wind-aided. Heyward's ball just sat in the air and then it was deposited over the wall. The double was caught in the wind and lifted over David Cash who misread the ball a bit. Matusz settled, striking out the ever-dangerous Cody Johnson and followed it up with a quick 1-2-3 in the top of the fourth.

Both hits were wind-aided. Heyward's ball just sat in the air and then it was deposited over the wall. The double was caught in the wind and lifted over David Cash who misread the ball a bit. Matusz settled, striking out the ever-dangerous Cody Johnson and followed it up with a quick 1-2-3 in the top of the fourth.

The beauty of OH, bringing the details that you just can't see on milb.com

Thanks.

That'll be all for Matusz, leaving with two outs in the fifth with runners on the corners. 5.2 innings, 4 hits, a run, four walks -- a season-high, and six strikeouts. I've got him right at about 100 pitches. ERA is now a season-low 2.95.

Matusz threw a ton of pitches, command was off and the wind is blowing right to left at about 25 mph, probably gusting around 40 as the flag pole is moving back and forth. Never pitching in my life, you have to wonder if that messes with your command at all. Let's say Cody Johnson hit a check swing that nearly left the yard for a three-run bomb. Instead it went 370 feet foul.

That'll be all for Matusz, leaving with two outs in the fifth with runners on the corners. 5.2 innings

4.2 innings?

Is the wind aiding only enemy batters today?:laughlol:

Archived