Being Gutsy in the Bronx – 5/20

O's are Legends

Not exactly... I shouldn't have mentioned it. I'd rather wait a bit longer until I get a better feel for whether my take is right or wrong. It will become clearer over time if I'm on the right track.

I'll just say this. I've seen several different players with similar looks in similar situations over the past couple weeks, but this issue would affect Roberts more than most. How is that for vague? :P

Hamstrings?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly... I shouldn't have mentioned it. I'd rather wait a bit longer until I get a better feel for whether my take is right or wrong. It will become clearer over time if I'm on the right track.

I'll just say this. I've seen several different players with similar looks in similar situations over the past couple weeks, but this issue would affect Roberts more than most. How is that for vague? :P

Pretty vague.

You're just being a tease and making it worse... and you know it, too ;-)

You're killing us. Don't penalize the rational because some folks on here would go all :drek: - like.

You say you shouldn't have mentioned it but then you go and drop another cryptic clue. Come on, brah.

It shows how our standards have been lowered when we are thankful that a pitcher didn't dig an even deeper hole than the one he started. Way to hang tough with an ERA for the game of 6.43? I'm sorry but I'd rather we didn't have to hunker down and fight our way back into the game with our "ace" on the mound. Last time we faced Hughes we smacked him around like a red haired stepchild. We could still pull this out, but it would have been nice to coast one game.

Of course, we need better from Guthrie and I expect better from Guthrie. All I'm saying is there is something to be said about his abilty to grind out starts and stay mentally focused even though he has struggled all year.

Archived