Being Gutsy in the Bronx – 5/20

O's are Legends

Can you imagine? The combination of Eaton, those lefty sluggers, and that right field launching pad could lead to unprecedented offense. I'm going to watch just to see the car wreck.

Actually I did not want to see a kid come up and make a start in NY. After tomorrow I think the team needs to make adjustments.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree, but I think it is more than that... It isn't isolated with Roberts. I think it extends to most of the team leader types.

Ooooohhhhh, another cryptic clue :laughlol:

Who would have thought that Jamie Walker wouldn't get those three hitters out? crazy talk...

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I think there is a good chance the mystery man is DT but I can't for the moment come up with something he might be doing that is frustrating to the team leaders.

I will say though that as someone who has been a fan of DT and who has supported him to this point I'm putting him on my personal hot seat. Not for any one thing in particular but I get the sense he might finally be losing some of these guys and things could get pretty bad soon.

Agree, but I think it is more than that... It isn't isolated with Roberts. I think it extends to most of the team leader types.

Ooooohhhhh, another cryptic clue :laughlol:

Who would have thought that Jamie Walker wouldn't get those three hitters out? crazy talk...

Oh, if you tack that last sentence on to the first few then you're talking frustration with one Dave Trembley.

Gotta defend Buck here.

Moeller was claiming that the runner brushed his forearm. Buck was saying that the contact Moeller was claiming would not constitute a tag.

Doesn't matter. Substantial still has nothing to do with it. You don't tag somebody with your bicep or forarm, you tag them with the hand-or-glove that has the ball in it. And whatever you tag them with, the contact does not have to be substantial: either you tag them or you don't. A little unsubstantial caress-of-a-tag is still a tag.

You already know this.

See, Buck is having bad effects on even you ;-)

Doesn't matter. Substantial still has nothing to do with it. You don't tag somebody with your bicep or forarm, you tag them with the hand-or-glove that has the ball in it. And whatever you tag them with, the contact does not have to be substantial: either you tag them or you don't. A little unsubstantial caress-of-a-tag is still a tag.

You already know this.

See, Buck is having bad effects on even you ;-)

Well, my hair IS getting more and more white. :scratchchinhmm:

Sure, "substantial" is probably a poor choice of words. There can be a gray area though. Buck was just commenting on Moeller's claim that he got the runner with his forearm/wrist/heel-of-glove area. I got what he meant.

Archived