A couple of "SERIOUSLY!?" moves just made

nyco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uehara doesn't speak much English, and Zaun has been working with him for a while. Could be a factor.

No, no, no. How are you ever going to criticize DT if you keeping thinking logically. He didn't start Wieters so he should be fired. And he should be double fired for hitting Mora 5th.:D

Uehara doesn't speak much English, and Zaun has been working with him for a while. Could be a factor.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Zaun has caught 4 of 6 starts so far this year. Best to have someone Koji is familiar with for his 1st start back from the DL.

The first one, sure, I'd rather see Hernandez stay.

The second one, meh. Catchers get a lot of rest, though I'd rather he stay in as a DH, but a day off here and there isn't huge. Olson is a lefty so no problem giving Huff a rest, he needs one once in a while. Mora at 5th has been discussed ad nauseam, don't like it but not really a surprise...

In principle, I agree.

But in this case, Wieters has had some good at-bats lately after a rough start, and you'd think that Trembley would be conscious of trying to keep that momentum. Getting this kid off right should be a top priority for the organization, and while it's not a setback, my sense from watching him was that he's seeing the ball well and getting good swings and was ready to break out.

At least let him DH.

And his first start back.

Add in that Scott's been one of our best players and it's a LHP so Wigginton is a lock, and you have your answer.

These game-to-game decisions just aren't a big deal. And yet: Ka-Boom! A thread emerges....

This makes a lot of sense. If you were to DH Weiters would you remove Scott from the lineup or put him in LF and remove Reimold. Either way you are replacing one of the only two guys who have been able to hit lately. I dont like it but it makes sense. That is assuming that it is because Uehara is starting. If he is just giving Weiters the day off for no reason then I dont get it.

This makes a lot of sense. If you were to DH Weiters would you remove Scott from the lineup or put him in LF and remove Reimold. Either way you are replacing one of the only two guys who have been able to hit lately. I dont like it but it makes sense. That is assuming that it is because Uehara is starting. If he is just giving Weiters the day off for no reason then I dont get it.

That's funny because Trembley gets railed on here for NOT giving guys days off.

Wieters is 23. I think one day a week off is more than enough.

Also, if you are going to rest him, wouldn't you want to rest him against a tougher pitcher? Trembley should give him a chance to boost his confidence by feasting on Olson's junk.

Guys, as great as Wieters is, he's still a catcher. He can't play every game. He needs to sit about once a week and DH one other game.

I'm guessing we'll see him Fri and Sat behind the plate, and Sunday as DH. That's smart managing. Its unfortunate that he sits after a couple nice games, but one day off isn't going to kill his momentum, and he'll also probably get a PH appearance if the game is close late.

Hernandez getting optioned is an ok move, there are things he can work on in the minors before coming back up once the O's make a decision on the future (rotation/bullpen/release) of Koji and Hill.

Calm the heck down.

Good point. Wieters has yet to catch Uehara in a game and who knows how much time he's had to work with him while Uehara was on the DL. Probably not much.

Got a feeling that might be it. we can't freak out everytime Wieters isn't in the lineup guys.

I think I should retire from posting. Like when George Constanza decided to leave immediately after getting a laugh. I've never had some many people actually agree with me. (more than 1 is a lot for me)

I'm betting this had a lot to do with it in addition to just wanting to rest him. Still, I'd probably have him DH-ing tonight.

Archived