The Once and Future Billy Rowell

nyco

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this keeps up do you have him repeat Frederick again next year?

I would think so. I don't see any point in moving him up to Bowie when he hasn't proven that he can hit at this level for 2 years. I really had high hopes for Rowell at one point, but I am losing patience quickly. It is kind of sad to see him fall so far. I really hope he has me on here apologizing next season for ever doubting him.

I would think so. I don't see any point in moving him up to Bowie when he hasn't proven that he can hit at this level for 2 years. I really had high hopes for Rowell at one point, but I am losing patience quickly. It is kind of sad to see him fall so far. I really hope he has me on here apologizing next season for ever doubting him.

I dont think the magic you are looking for is gonna happen here with Rowell, Id put more thought and effort into Spoone coming back from injury. He has a better chance at finding success than Rowell at this point. Snyder had a bad season through injury, but rebounded pretty quickly. Its kinda amazing how many fans wrote Snyder off after 1 bad season, but many still had high hope for Rowell even after a 3rd consecutive poor season......

Rowell hasnt shown us a sign of life since his 1st season in pro ball, he lacks the tools that he was labeled as having, for me he is a lost cause. Wed be better off IMO sending him to loA and hoping he can find his stroke there and gain some confidence, because where hes at right now in his career and at the level hes at, his confidence must be in the toilet...

The only good things I can say is that luckily Reimold has really stepped up to be offensively what I hoped Rowell would eventually bring to the table, but it would really be nice right now to have ourselves a pure hitting powerful 3rd baseman about to come up to the Bigs in a season, but wiushful thinking gets you nowhere. Atleast we have the best young OF in baseball.....

Some stirrings from Rowell recently with some BBs tonight and xbhs in the past week. Hopefully, he can keep this up.

Adams really makes that a pretty darn good High A lineup with Angle, Joseph and others. Widlansky is putting up some very strong numbers and might deserve some time at Bowie to see if he might be more than a suspect. Widlansky was a pretty acclaimed senior in college - silver slugger - and he is finally producing at a plus rate.

To start the 2nd half of the year:

.297/.350./.432/.782

Not great, but worlds better than before ... hope the trend continues!

Some stirrings from Rowell recently with some BBs tonight and xbhs in the past week. Hopefully, he can keep this up.

Adams really makes that a pretty darn good High A lineup with Angle, Joseph and others. Widlansky is putting up some very strong numbers and might deserve some time at Bowie to see if he might be more than a suspect. Widlansky was a pretty acclaimed senior in college - silver slugger - and he is finally producing at a plus rate.

We're kind of clutching at straws with Rowell, but I'll take what straws we can get for now and maybe by the end of August we'll have a small bundle of hay. I'm hoping he can do enough to justify sending him to the new Florida winter league. I think the AFL is probably beyond his level for now.

It's very impressive how Adams has come right off the DL without missing a beat.

• 2 weeks later...

but this one really hurts a lot more than most for two reasons- first, we desperately need a power hitting corner infielder in the system, second, we passed on Tim Lincecum for this guy.

Something drastic needs to happen to Rowell to light a fire under him. With all the hype and so many people kissing his butt, maybe he has become soft. Maybe a demotion or a firey manager around him, will put a little fear in him to get things going. He has show that he has some skills, but they need to be developed. I wish him luck.

Archived